Closed Thread
Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Someone on here got a doppler for personal use? If so, any recommendation? Do GP have a doppler in their room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought a Doppler and love it. Don't need to use it much anymore as bub is very active, kicking and moving ALL the time!!! This is the one I bought from eBay. I think the brand is sonoline? ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429361682.192662.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Some say u won't hear it with this until 16w. Do I have any problem picking up the HB before that? I just have a look on eBay. Wow....don't think I can wait one to get here from China. It takes a long time for their shipment. I will try to look at gumtree or aussie seller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought I heard it at 9 weeks but I'm pretty sure it was one of my arteries or placenta! Found a definite HB by 12-13 weeks. Takes practice but once you learn where your baby is, then I would find it very quickly. Took about 2-3 weeks for delivery for mine but I guess it depends who you buy it from and where. I opted for express post. Cost me about $60 all up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @TeamCarts! It still take 2--3 weeks with express post from China? It is $70+ atm. I bought stuff on ebay all the time and the shipping from china is a hit and miss. Wish I know it earlier and buy it few weeks ago. I thought i could live without it. The one you have seems like a nice one with good review. I only found a similar one at aussie website with almost double the price. Well, I gave in. Since i can't get a good model, I just bought the basic angel sounds one (no LCD monitor) on kogan. It guarantees to get to me faster.

Also, we have decided to go priv.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I had one! Bubs has gone from kicking all the time, to infrequent. He did this a couple weeks ago too and it freaked me out.

To make matters worse, I read this horribly sad story about stillbirth Sunday morning which has made me paranoid.

How long until I hit the panic button and call my OB...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a couple of freak outs too 😰Try a big glass of iced water and then a quiet spot afterwards to concentrate on movements....always works for me! Xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

ilex  (21-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I begged my DH to buy one, but he firmly put his foot down, citing I'd spent too much on IVF!! He reasoned I needed to not be thinking about it every moment, and I know he's probably right on this. Normally she's kicking about every couple of hours, but on the weekend she went 6-8 hours without anything, but there she is today happily waving to me (I went for a kidney stone u/s and the tech was nice and showed by her as well). I think they actually say to wait 24 hours without feeling anything before panicing. Did anyone else have an idea of how long to wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know the answer to your question, @MGCBertie. Well, the scan on 12w shown the placenta is located in the front so I won't be feeling any kick soon. Couple of IVFers who have anterior placenta also don't feel kick much at all throughout the pregancy. That's another reason I decided to get one so I would stop driving myself crazy in the future. Not asking DH opinion in the end because he didn't make me less stress.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a posterior placenta I'm quite slim and I'm now 26 weeks and movement is unpredictable! I started feeling pops at about 18.5 weeks and real kick type feelings about 21-22 weeks. Just the past week or so I can see my belly move when she's being quite vigorous. Happened at work today in a meeting a couple of times which made me chuckle to myself
    But it is variable! Some days she's going crazy all day (like today) and others she barely moves (like yesterday). I try not to worry about it. I have an ob appt tomorrow though and one of my questions will be how much movement should I expect and when should I worry and call maternity ward! I didn't buy a doppler but if we end up having another baby I definitely will. I think there's no point at this stage of the pregnancy, I found the 12-20 week period hardest. I actually went for a 3d scan at 17 weeks just to see heartbeat and see her moving and that was totally worth the $100!