Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @TeamCarts same here hun, stomach feels so tight already! My next scan will be a growth scan in a couple weeks. How about you? When's next appt? Have you had a growth scan yet? X
    @Nicky1977 nope I don't have a proper pregnancy pillow hun, but I have a fortress of pillows on my bed! - under me, around me, between my legs etc! One of my placentas started off anterior too, so I wasn't feeling kicks much. But now its slightly shifted, so I feel the kicks a lot more. Will you be having another scan soon?
    @Ladydee sounds scary hun 😕 Is your OB concerned about it? When's your next appt?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

TeamCarts  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB my next appt is on 2 weeks with OB. I have a scan each visit with him so at this stage no growth scan is booked or needed as I have been bang on for dates and size. I'm guessing if anything changes I will need one.
    I did my GTT yesterday blergh! I'm glad it's a one off appt each pregnancy! 2 hours, Yuck! Now fx I don't have GD, I didn't have it last time but I guess there is always the chance.
    In regards to a pregnancy pillow I use a pregnancy wedge on one side a really soft pillow on the other and a small one between my knees haha anything to stay comfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - my Ob is going to be away for 3 weeks leading up to my due date so I was going to be booked in for my c-section 2 days after my due date (unless I went before of course) but he now says that there's no way I'll make it until then and that he'll try to get me to 36 weeks but it all depends on if I start bleeding again and he said that anywhere after 30 weeks means that Bub will have a real good chance of being just fine. I'm booked in for a third 3d scan for 32 weeks unless I start bleeding before then so I think that and my Ob's scans along the way is the plan for now......fingers crossed it's not attached to my previous c-section scar and can still move up!

How are your little bubbas going? Have I missed you mention their sexes or are you strong as steel and waiting for the surprise? I can't imagine having two wriggly bubs wriggling around.....my one is wriggly enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now you ladies got me worried. When do they find out the placenta is implanted low? I thought they could tell if the placenta is implanted fine from very early on. Like 12w?

While I was doing the intralipid at the hospital, I asked the midwife about the "safe" time for a pregnancy. Hehe...I don't think we will ever relax completely until the bub is in our arm. Anyway, she said that pre-term babies from 23w are generally doing pretty well. I think it is a bit early but what do I know?! I am just setting up a milestone to cope with my anxiety.

Oh...ladydee, they will get in u earlier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB my next scan at this stage is at 28 weeks (so in about 5 weeks), which is for part of the diet and exercise in pregnancy trial I'm part of. Seems like ages away at the moment. I think we probably value our pillows now more than ever lol.
    @bbhope I have heard of sometimes at the 12 week scan women finding the position of their placenta, however it wasn't mentioned at all at mine. Only when I had a portable ultrasound at 18 weeks after I had spotting did I get told I had an anterior placenta. Then at the morph scan they said lets check how low it goes, but all fine thankfully. But that's just my experience, others may have found it different, especially if they have placenta previa.
    @Ladydee placenta previa sounds scary. Doctor Google however is nobody's best friend, I think we all know that, but it's human nature to give into its temptations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nicky1977: Portable ultrasound? Where did you get one? The exercise and diet program sounds fantastic. I am doing nothing but getting fat. LOL. I've been heading off bed early lately and too exhausted to do anything in the evening. I am even too lazy to cook sometime so not even want to think about my evening walk which i used to do before the ivf.

I'll be sure to ask about the placenta on my 12w scan.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope the portable ultrasound just happened on occasion when I went into hospital with spotting and even though they could hear baby's heartbeat on doppler they wanted to see him to make sure everything was ok. I also had one for my first antenatal appointment at 11 weeks.

The diet and exercise trial involves women in healthy weight range pre pregnancy and is split into two groups one who see the dietician and one who receive the standard ante-natal care. The dietiecian group receive advice about diet and exercise. I eat pretty healthily anyway, lol apart from in the first trimester when it was just about what I didn't have an aversion too, so the only advice they gave was to make sure I'm getting enough calcium. I usually try for a morning walk after I get in from work (I work permanent night shift) but this last couple of weeks I have just been feeling too tired so it's not happening, I'm lucky though in that I walk around a lot at work so getting some exercise that way. In ur case with still being in the first trimester the tiredness should hopefully improve soon, if ur exhausted u need to sleep. Defo ask about ur placenta, it's reassuring to know, if you have anterior placenta it's good to know then if you don't feel your baby's movements as early as others do at least you know there's a good reason for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Nicky1977. I wish i am in such program! My diet is out of control at the moment. I am ballooning it up pretty fast. Friends came over for easter and DH warned me that people might ask about my belly. I was well prepared for the answer.....not admitting it.

How are you ladies doing? @MGCBertie: how far along are you now? @Ladydee: did you find out about the placenta issue? @TeamCarts: GD result? @KayzB?

Ya, I went for the 12w scan and asked about the placenta. However, the sonographer told me that they wouldn't check on this appt. It will be much later on. Sigh.....Maybe I am trying to get ahead of myself.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-04-2015),TeamCarts  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@bbhope I haven't heard anything so I am hoping it's a good thing my OB's rooms usually go by the system of "we'll call you if there is anything to discuss otherwise take it as there are no issues". (with tests etc.) I'm guessing if my tests have been delayed for any reason and I haven't been contacted then they will discuss it with me next week at my next visit. I'm 27 weeks today and feeling massive! I'm much bigger this time than with my first (belly wise) but haven't put on as much weight to date. Don't worry too much, I put on about 19kgs with DS and had lost all but 2kgs in 12 months when I went to see our FS again for this bub it's all pretty normal.
    Hope you are doing well and all of you ladies are looking after to yourselves. x
    P.S. This is my bump update. Anyone else got one to share ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1428405387.976094.jpg
    P.P.S @bbhope I was told at my 12 week scan that my placenta was anterior but not much else. I was told a lot more info about its position at my 20 weeks scan.
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 07-04-2015 at 21:26.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (08-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's disappointing that they wouldn't tell you about your placenta hun. Mine checked placenta, cervix, my kidneys etc as all part of routine. Perhaps your sonographer wasn't so thorough 😕
    Do you have an appt with OB coming up? Perhaps placenta info will be in the report & OB can go through it with you then?

How was your scan otherwise?

I hear you on the ballooning up! I was 12wks around Christmas & had to deny it a few times to people who kept suspiciously staring at my belly!
    @TeamCarts happy 27 weeks hun! Didn't we get our BFP's only yesterday? ☺️ Hope no news is good news re your GD results. I had mine early on in the pregnancy, and have to repeat next week. I was borderline last time, so am praying my levels are better/have decreased. Although with all the sweets & crappy food I've been eating..hmm 😕
    @Ladydee how ru going hunny? I hope you are your lil man & are going well. I know you must be so anxious about placenta though. No more bleeding though I hope?

How is everyone else doing? Upcoming scans? Any exciting purchases? Nursery's? 💗

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-04-2015),TeamCarts  (08-04-2015)