Closed Thread
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Nicky1977: how comes you get into the public system so early? GP told me that they wont' take me on until 20w. In this case, i don't know when i should ask GP to write the referral, although my OB offers to write one. I am keen to go to another public hospital which we aren't officially zoned in. It is actually closer than our zoned hospital and my friend somehow got in last year. So i don't know if i should do it earlier and not waiting until 20w. I don't want to ask her because i don't want her to know just yet........

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I didn't have to do too much, when I was 6 weeks my gp gave me the number to call to register my pregnancy and get allocated to a public hospital based on my postcode. So I called and got allocated to Women's and Children's in Adelaide, with appointment for 5 weeks later at 11 weeks (they said they like to do first appointments at 10-12 weeks). Then at 8 weeks when I had my scan at Repromed clinic and officially finished my care with them my doctor there wrote referral letter detailing my IVF and FETs. At my first appointment they gave me my South Australian pregnancy record which pregnant women have to carry with them to all antenatal and hospital visits. I'm looking at that now, and it gives my schedueled antenatal visits as 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 28 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks, 38 weeks and 40 weeks. My 12 week appointment was really in depth as they had to go through everything, I had my 22 week appointment the other day which only took 15 minutes, I think 28 weeks will be slightly longer though. I also had to see consultant at 17 weeks due to my risk factor with being an ivf pregnancy. And the midwife the other day wants me to see another consultant in 4 weeks cos of my recent spotting and to come up with a plan. But this is just the way things happen in South Australia (my friend who gave birth in February at a different hospital had the same scheduele), it may be different elsewhere. I can't believe ur having a hard time, makes me wonder if ur gp is being honest with you, maybe get ur OB to write the referral and try to get into the other public hospital, I think probably the earlier the better if for no other reason that ur peace of mind, it's a relief once your in the system to be honest. I always feel like I have a good point of contact now, especially when I had my spotting as I had the details of exactly where to call and where to go to get assessed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Nicky1977. As I mentioned earlier, OB is happy to take care of me until 20w, being extended from our initial agreement of 12w. I am happy with this arrangement because I am starting to weaning off drugs. He was a FS before opening his own practice. It gives me peace of mind of knowing the OB will monitor me. He said that if i want, he can do the last dose of intralipid at 20w like all other immune problem women in the east coast. I don't have a problem to wait until 20w to go on the public care as I know the OB managing fee doesn't hit until then. Each visit to OB is minimal OOP given I get to the scan each time. I think after 20w, risk of miscarriage will be less. I can only hope that i don't develop GD.

Yes, I would love to get into the system soon so that i know that i am in. It seems like I have to call to find out myself. Just a bit difficult at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your OB sounds very good. And at least you have the ongoing monitoring from him until the 20 weeks. It sounds like it is better that when the time comes to get into the public system that it be OB who writes your referral rather than your gp, it will be more detailed in regards to the care you have been receiving and your future needs for the rest of your pregnancy.

I guess I'm lucky with work in that I do shift work so have plenty of time to sort out pregnancy related issues when I have time on weekdays, and can easily arrange appointments etc, but I understand that this can pose difficulties for many people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@bbhope I agree with @Nicky1977 - if your OB hasn't planned to, def get him to write your referral to the hosp. It will be much more thorough & detailed re your pregnancy progress, as opposed to a generic referral from the GP 😊
    @gingermillie I hear ya re constant kicking! Mine kick so much. Sometimes it's actually so strong that I gasp out loud! But, at least it's reassuring hey 😊

How is everyone else doing? Fairly quiet on here nowadays. I've been feeling so achy, bad back pains too 😔
    @TeamCarts how are you hun? 26wks today yeah? ☺️ X
    Last edited by KayzB; 30-03-2015 at 07:12.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-03-2015),TeamCarts  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB glad to here you are getting some solid kicks. And yes, I'm 26 weeks today, thanks for asking about me. Feeling good, just tire easily. I get really sore upper tummy muscles and everything feels very tight especially at night time. Feeling lots of movement too which is nice. How are your twinnies going? Any more scans coming up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB hope ur back pain settles soon. Do u have one of those pregnancy pillows, if not I can highly recommend one, I love mine.
    @TeamCarts I remember that tiring easily feeling from the first trimester, and am anticipating it coming back in abundance in the third trimester. Having a nap almost becomes like a hobby in pregnancy lol.

I'm going ok, just between antenatal appointments, midwife wants me to see a consultant in three weeks. I'm not sure if I can feel baby, I have an anterior placenta which makes it hard. What I do feel is bizarre it feels like a single heartbeat down in my belly it will do it once and then have a pause until however long it takes for the next one, be that 20 seconds, 2 minutes, 5 minutes etc, I don't know if it's baby or not. Someone suggested it may be baby with hiccups (but don't know if I would feel hiccups before kicking), someone else suggested its the placenta, but where I'm feeling it is below where the sonogropher said the placenta finished. The sensations are getting stronger as well. I just wish I knew if it was baby. It happens at the times babies are meant to be more active, ie if I'm resting or not too active, or shortly after I've eaten something sweet. It's happening now and I'm just sat down after being active all morning, I try and talk to him when it happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha @Nicky1977 napping doesn't exist for me with a toddler unfortunately! When he has his nap it's the only time I can get things done but I do try and have a lay on the couch once DH is home and can play with DS. I suffer quite badly from painful BH and they can sometimes go on for hours especially if I'm tired it have over done it. Ah the joys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear u must get exhausted. And toddlers can be so energetic, I remember well from many years ago with my nieces, I sometimes wonder where they get all their energy from lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you're all doing well

Is anyone facing Placenta Praevia with possible Placenta Accreta? Even though I'm trying (and failing) to stay away from Dr Google, the Accreta possibility is freaking me out! My placenta was covering my previous c-section scar at my 12w NT scan and it hadn't moved as of my 19w Morph scan.....eeek!!!

If any of you first timer mummy's are considering an elective c-section, please read up on Accreta so you know the future risks. I ended up with an emergency c-section but still, no one had/s ever mentioned to me that this was a possibility for all future pregnancies

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-04-2015)