Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    KayzB: Thanks for asking. I just did 10 w BT and will see the OB again tomorrow to check out bub. I have this anxiety....you know after 2 chemical. We also have to discuss what happens next once 12 w is up. I see him due to needing an immune treatment.

I am surprised that NT scan doesnt attract medicare rebate. It seems to be a standard compulsory scan for each pregnancy. Same goes with 10w BT. Bulk bill imaging doesn't really exist in perth but at least i am expecting medicare rebate. Don't get me wrong. I am happy to pay because for the service they are providing, it certainly worth more than what the govt can reimburse them. Ha....did i just hear @Nicky1977 said it took 3 hrs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope, I certainly did, although to be honest that 3 hours did also include me being told to go for a walk and to get something sweet to eat or drink for half an hour due to lack of cooperation from the baby. That was the Morph scan though, my NT scan only took half an hour (and baby wasn't really being co-operative for that either lol). So really it just depends on the baby, yours may be more helpful when it comes to getting in the right position. Also at the morph scan I had to go back 2 days later cos they needed to check the length of my cervix because of the spotting I'd been having, but they twice tried and it had contracted so told me to come back two days later (luckily cervix was behaving by then!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - my understanding is the NT scan should attract a small Medicare rebate no matter which state you're in MBS item number 55704/55707 is for pregnancy fetal development scan 12-16 weeks including NT and is rebateable for pregnancies conceived through assisted reproduction. I think the rebate is only about $60 though and I paid at least $200. Did not pay for associated blood test though - I'm in adelaide and this may vary by state depending on whether the pathology lab bulk bills this item.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Different question: do you have any scan between 12-20w? What needs to be done in this period? I am only seeing the current ob until 12w. I was told that if I go public, the hospital doesn't take me on until 20w. So it will be gp share care. I just want to know if there is anything important in this period that would be better off with an OB. I considered priv patient in public hospital but don't know any ob who has the visiting right at the hospital where I am zoned in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... yes, that's correct - there's nothing between 12-20 weeks, which is an awful long time. However, because I'm seeing Dr M every four weeks at the moment, he's been doing a quick scan each time to listen to the heartbeat, so that's been a little bit of a relief to have had two of these inbetween 12-20 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...2 months without seeing the bub. It will drive me crazy! Other than doing the scan for each OB visit, I guess there isn't really much to discuss with the OB during this period. However, I am weaning off drugs after 12 w, though. Monitoring would be nice. I was thinking to consult with DrM again to cover this period but it just doesn't seem to help me much in term of seeing the bub and having a longer conversation. Besides, i really don't know what to expect during this period. GD isn't tested until 20w, is it?

BTW, @MGCBertie, I asked FS about the clexane. I am told to stop at 24w not 20w! Ha...funny is that she said 24w if i can manage to go a bit longer. The truth is that i hate needles and it isn't like i have a choice. Whatever it takes to keep the bub, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I am in the public system in Adelaide, saw midwife for the first time just before 12 weeks and my NT scan (not doing shared care with gp). I was told normally my next midwife appointment would not be until 21 weeks or about 2 weeks after the morph scan. The midwife however wanted me to see a consultant at 17 weeks with falling into a high risk category due to ivf pregnancy. So I did that and everything fine. After that the spotting I had in first trimester came back, so since that time I was in hospital three times for a few hours each being assessed, and all fine apart from I have a friable cervix - but each time the midwife listened to baby's heartbeat on a doppler, and then the doctor did one of those portable ultrasounds to look at baby and check he was ok. As anxious as I was it was always good to see baby as it does feel like a long wait in between NT and morph scan. But officially no scans between 12 and 20 weeks. I'm also part of a trial in my hospital for diet and exercise and how they impact weight in hospital for healthy weight range women and I get to have extra scans at 28 and 36 weeks, which for me I think is the best part of the whole trial as I love any extra opportunity to see baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, moonlighting in here from time to time because I am interested to see what's ahead for my pregnancy! I think @bbhope is doing the same!
    @bbhope just saw your posts about scans and I think you can get a referral from your doctor to get a 3D ultrasound or pay for it out of pocket so if you really want one halfway through the 12-20 you could do it. I am going to!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never thought I'd get a 3d scan but yes I got to 16 weeks having not seen the baby since 12+2 and started to wonder what was going on in there. My OB missed my 16 wk appt but midwife did doppler so I got to hear heartbeat but a few days later worry crept in. So I booked in for a 3d scan at 17+2 and best $100 I've spent for the peace of mind I got. All I wanted to see was heartbeat and movement I didn't care about the actual photos! We got to find out we're having a girl and got some cute photos too which made her seem very real so yes I would recommend a 3d scan at 16-17 weeks if you're curious to see in there. Just know the pics aren't the amazing looks like a newborn style - they're very skinny and a bit alien looking at that stage still lol. You get the best pics early third trimester apparently. I'm now 23 weeks and next OB appt at 26 weeks I must check then if I get another formal scan and when. Now I'm getting kicked like crazy all day and night though so I don't need to worry about movement anymore!! I am now worrying she's too active though (is there such a thing?!). Always something to think about I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick post. I found a place that will do 3d scan for all appt. at least, that's what I am told! So I will do one with them for the 12w.

Ob appt today to discuss what's next and got to see the bub again. I have a giggle when I see gingermillie comment. Bub was moving non stop on the scan. Kicking and waving at us. Wonderful sight. Dh said the bub is hyperactive. Lol.

Well, I told ob that we will go public but would like to stay with him until 20w. He is cool about it and not offended. And he will write referral. I really don't know what to expect with the public system. I might call to find out. Wanna do priv patient at public hospital.