Closed Thread
Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies. Spotting stopped but it comes and goes.

Do you ladies get stretch mark? I read that it is quite common in the last trimester. But to my horror, i am starting to have it! Initially, i thought it was just dry skin after a long flight but it looks strange. I DrGoogle it and......Any remedy to get rid of it? I must admit that i gain quite quickly since the start of this preg due to steroid. But strangely, that all the "fat" seem to go the waist line and my boobs arent much bigger or sore (after ivf drug starting to wean off). I wasnt overweight but i guess i am tipping over the normal bmi now. I am looking like 5 months preg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the input all! We have decided to go for it, and the auction (hate them!) will be second weekend in May. Three weeks to get the house ready for pictures and viewings... God help us!

On a less stressful note, we had our 20 week scan today. Our little boy looked perfect, and doc was able to get all the important views. But he was a cheeky little thing and kept rolling around, so while the "medical" views were fine, we didn't get a very good picture. Same thing happened at the 12 week scan.

It was amazing to see all those tiny fingers and toes, nose, chin etc. Amazing how much detail they can see on those scans. Doc could even see that there was fluid the bladder (maybe kidneys) which means he is swallowing. So cool.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well!

@bbhope - none for me so far, and same for the boobs. They were sore during IVF and first few weeks, but nothing now. But they are big - tho that seems to have levelled off.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (16-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope no stretch marks as yet, don't even look pregnant at 21 weeks. Boobs are bigger but no longer sore and definitely haven't been as sore as when I was doing IVF
    @lileitak so glad your scan went well, your little boy sounds as cheeky as mine is with regards to not cooperating during scans. Did you know previously you were having a boy? I'm not sure I remember you mentioning babies sex before.
    Well done on taking the house plunge. It sounds like you've got a good relationship with your in laws so all should go well. A sale board for an auction went up a couple houses down from me a week or so ago for an auction, a few days later an under offer sticker went up and a few days after that a sold sticker was up. Hopefully you can avoid an auction with a decent early offer.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

How are you all??! How are your pregnancies coming along?
    @octonaut been thinking of you how are you hon ?

Just a quick check in to say 9 week scan and first visit to my new OB today and we saw our little bub nice and clearly and it's little heart beat was beaming on the screen. 2.8cm at 9 weeks and 1 day. Such a sweet moment brings a tear to my eye. Haven't had much nausea at all so now my bestie is saying could be a sign it's a boy!
    @bbhope hope the presentation was a great success. No stretch marks for me and I've actually lost 400 grams since transfer. But appetite is coming back slowly so I imagine I will start to increase a little. I don't look pregnant at all with the exception of slightly bigger boobs.

I'd love to know what you girls decided regarding NFT or Harmony? We chose harmony but it's not cheap! $800 ....but what's another expense in this process to bringing a child into this world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry girls but a little baby brain here - I posted a message that was intended for the October thread ladies went in the August:September thread! But I have been quietly observing you all in the background since I briefly came into this thread after my failed first cycle in Nov and have since had a successful - so far don't feel safe quiet yet - second cycle and I'm at 9 weeks now. Wishing you all safe pregnancies and so many of you have come close to your 20 week scan! Shouting from the bleachers for you all! Take care. J

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (18-03-2015),mushyxxx  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

@bbhope I haven't got stretch marks (yet!) but perhaps try bio oil or coco butter? Not sure how well they actually work, but doesn't hurt to try ☺️
    @lileitak yay glad you decided to go ahead with selling! Things will be busier for you now getting everything in order, but hopefully will be well worth it 😊
    @JenniwithanI you are more than welcome to join in! 😊 Congrats on your pregnancy hun, hope it is smooth sailing! Also, where are you doing your Harmony hun? $800 is very pricey. In Melb it should only be around $500 or so xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 18-03-2015 at 07:53.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

ilex  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenni... yes, my Harmony test a few weeks back was $430. Apparently it used to be more expensive but has come down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Regarding stretch marks, I didn't have any stretch marks on my belly until a week after I gave birth to DS. I was like wtf?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tests have definitely gone down in price. I was expecting close to $800, and I think it was $500. (I ended up with verifi)

@TeamCarts - AFTER the baby? That is bullocks.

Has anyone who already has a bub used a compression wrap? I've been looking at a few, but no idea which to buy. The prices vary drastically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder why no company in Australia has started up doing the NIPT testing? That's when the prices will drastically drop. My Panorama one was $600.

I had a massive bub #1 and was lucky enough to not get any stretch marks but I did end up getting some on the bottom of my b@@bs from Breastfeeding as they go full/empty/ full/empty/full/empty several times every day. I can hardly see them now though thank goodness, just teeny silver ones in the light if you look really close.