Just a quick post. Thanks for asking,kayzB.
We went to see the OB yesterday. To our relief, the bub is still hanging in there despite the spotting. Spotting stopped on Sat after I up my pessaries and bed rest. We were extremely worried.
Several red flags on the BT. OB doesn't seem to concern other than my glucose level, which is way above the normal level. I wonder if this has anything to do with the prednisolone. Ferritin is also above normal. I am taking elevit. I know that the dose is quite high with it. I did test before IVF to make sure i am not overdosing myself with iron. It was fine but now I wonder if i should only take it every other 2 days. Anyone has the same problem?
Hi Ladies - I need some advice... (and sorry to those seeing this twice as I posted it in our small FB group too)
DH and I are seriously considering moving. This means our house will be on the market in ~3 weeks, with a target settlement of early August - which is bang on my due date. We are very fortunate to be able to move in with his parents assuming we don't find a place we love in time. They have ample space, a huge yard for our dog, and are generally lovely and supportive people. If we decided to pull the trigger, we want to be settled into their place before I am admitted to hospital.
So my question is, are we insane? Part of me thinks it will really nice to have the extra support with a new born, but I am worried it will interfere with us settling in as a family. We'd stay there for as long as required until we find a place, but likely 6-9 months until the 2016 real estate season kicks-in.
MGC Bertie (07-03-2015)
@lileitak was just scrolling through & saw I missed your post! Have you decided about moving hun?
I personally think moving before bub arrives is a good idea - imagine trying to pack & unpack & get everything in order at a later stage - when bub is only a few months old. Will be much harder then to juggle everything.
Sounds like you have great support & option re staying with your in-laws - but completely understand wanting to settle into your own home/routine instead. You might end up finding a new place sooner rather than later though, so not like you'll be staying with your in-laws forever 😊
What are your thoughts? x
@bbhope how are you going hun, hope spotting has stopped?
@MGC Bertie did your OB end up ringing & finding out gender results for you? Or you're just going to wait till 20wk scan? 😊
@Ladyamalthea how did your 12wk scan go? Have your Panorama results come back yet?
Hi to everyone else ☺️
so my second lot of panorama tests came back inconclusive again! My FS told me that it didn't necessarily mean anything but there was a slightly higher risk with that happening so I should 'prepare myself'. As you can imagine I was terrified but luckily my nt results the next day were all good 1/7000. Such a relief! Hope all is going well with everyone!
@KayzB: thanks for asking. Well, just when i thought the spotting stopped, it started again today. Thankfully, i had an appt with the OB so i could see that the bub is OK. I really have no idea where the bleed is coming from. I am now using progesterone the back way just to rule it out! Well, i figure I've to do it eventually when I am on the flight so might well start doing it now.
@Ladyamalthea: it must be annoying!
@lileitak: it would be good to move and settle before the bub arrives. We have a bit of dilemma as well. Our current apt is way too small but our new house won't be ready until Nov the earliest. That means that we have to somehow manage to set up the nursery in our current apt. We would have to put stuff into storage. Even so, my parents won't have a room to sleep. No, it isnt insane to have an extra support. My parents would certainly come to help out. But at the moment, i just want to pass the 12 week mark.
Oh...if you ladies won't mind me hang around just a bit. I like read back your progress and know what's coming up for my journey.
@bbhope Hope the spotting stops or at least a reason is found. Glad you had an ob appointment for reassurance. Hope the preogesterone helps.
@ladymatlthea frustrating your tests came back inconclusive again but so glad the ultrasound results were good. Hope you can breathe a little sigh of relief now.
Had my 20 week morphology scan yesterday. Little bub is healthy and growing nicely. All the organs are there doing their thing and he has the sweetest ittle feet and nose. Bub was laying back with his arm behind his head quite relaxed and then started swatting at his face as the doctor was trying to get some clear images. Wouldn't roll over the right way so she could get clear images of his heart. Little trouble maker!!!
Hope everyone is traveling well. Take care ladies.
@Ladyamalthea how frustrating about your results! But glad to hear your NT came back all good. So will you redo Panorama again?
@bbhope sorry to hear you're still spotting hun. I had lots of early pregnancy bleeding too & know what an anxious time it is. Glad your scan showed bub is ok though. Hope spotting eases off soon.
@Essence08 your lil one sounds cheeky already! Good news re scan results - and another milestone down 😊
Hope everyone else is plodding along well. Happy weekend all 💗
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!