Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee can I ask you a quick question about your panorama test? I think you are a wazza patient like me and I was just wondering if he called you with the results or if you have to ring qfg - they didn't really explain the process when I did it just that it would take 3 weeks. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick line.... went for the 12 week scan this morning (at 12w5d) and such a relief, everything seems to look fine. The technician said that the baby is very active, cheeky and was causing him grief as it was moving around so much!! Amazing to see little fingers and toes, and it even waved at us once (though DH missed that as he was looking elsewhere!!). Heartbeat 153 bpm, and measures 6.3cm.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @MGC Bertie!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyamalthea For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyamalthea View Post
    @Ladydee can I ask you a quick question about your panorama test? I think you are a wazza patient like me and I was just wondering if he called you with the results or if you have to ring qfg - they didn't really explain the process when I did it just that it would take 3 weeks. Thanks!
    I got mine with my Ob (who is also with QFG) and it took 10 working days and he called me on my mobile at 5pm with the results on the 10th day. I had my 12 week Nucal scan booked in for the next day and had already made an appointment with my Ob for the day after that to further discuss the Panorama and Nucal scan results so really, he could've waited until then but because we had had 4 losses in a row before this bub and one of them being because of Trisomy 13, he knew how crazy nervous we were.

I've always found Wazza's receptionist's & nurse to be super helpful and knowledgable, give them a call and ask them that question, they'll be able to tell you exactly what he usually does with getting those results to you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Ladyamalthea  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Just a quick line.... went for the 12 week scan this morning (at 12w5d) and such a relief, everything seems to look fine. The technician said that the baby is very active, cheeky and was causing him grief as it was moving around so much!! Amazing to see little fingers and toes, and it even waved at us once (though DH missed that as he was looking elsewhere!!). Heartbeat 153 bpm, and measures 6.3cm.
    Yipee, congratulations!!!! So happy for you It's such a special moment huh? Makes it all that more real Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Congrats @MGC Bertie! Such great news x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Mgc Bertie.... So happy everything went well for you. You must be feeling so relieved.... Have you started telling people now?

And again congrats. Very very excited for you.
    Kylee

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs4Kylee... no we've decided we're going to hold out a bit longer, especially since we haven't got the results of the U/S or Harmony test back yet. But we kind of wanted to hold out as long as possible, perhaps to 18 or 20 weeks, but DH did forget we'd talked about this, and phoned his best friend last night and told him. I said to DH that we need to sit down and get our story straight, as he's got some strong views of what to say.

Dh wants:
    - to tell close family that it's donor sperm, but not tell anyone else - I'm happy with that
    - the baby has to know that it's from donor sperm, so I do have doubts that a toddler / child / teenager is going to keep that secret from all the people that DH wants to kept it secret from, but we agreed just to deal with that scenario when it rises a few years down the track
    - he wants to keep that it took 13 x IVF a secret from most people and just say "it's finally happened" - I really think it's going to be hard to explain that, and I had kind of wanted to educate people about IVF afterwards, so we're going to have to discuss that more.

AFM.... So after not having a cold or being sick for a record 7 months (that I put down to all those immune drugs I've been taking), this afternoon I've come home with a sore throat, feverish all over and a thumping headache. No doubt still to get worse, before getting better, but really could have done without a cold at the moment. I've done a bit of googling and it says panadol is fine, so will just try a few of those, unless you have any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @MGC Bertie yep panadol is fine. I was really sick with cold/flu when pregnant with DS and found Lemsip was great for a sore throat. It only contains paracetamol so it's safe and was very soothing. Hope you feel better soon x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MGC Bertie: I will pm you regarding dh's view.