Closed Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    Hi ladies,
    A question about the screening tests- our OB has said that if we do the Verifi (similar to harmony/panorama etc, just a different brand name) we don't need to do the 12 week US and BT.
    Has anyone else been referred for just the maternal screening test without the US? Im a bit worried that there may be something on the 12 week US that they check, not just Trisomy risks that may be missed until 20 weeks.
    DP says that he is the expert after all and we should trust his call, but I thought Ide ask what your experiences have been.
    Thanks in advance
    What does everyone else who has has their 12 week NT scan think??
    I would really be asking to do both if I were you Hun, they spend a lot of time looking at blood flow. They somehow get the arterial blood and venous blood to come up on the scan as blue and red so that they can check the different chambers of the heart, make sure that the other organs including the kidneys are getting good/proper blood flow, the umbilical cord and placenta to make sure it has the correct amount of vessels. They look at the hands, count fingers and look at the arm and leg bones, nasal bone. They look at the brain and scull to make sure it all looks as it should. They can see where your placenta has attached and make sure there is the correct amount of amniotic fluid around bub. You'll also get a much more accurate overall measurement crown- to-rump of bub. Apart from all of this important stuff, it'll be one of the most best moments of your life!.......way way way better than your obstetricians ultrasound machine The Panorama /Harmony/ Verifi tests are great and more accurate at picking up Trisomy 21 (Downs) but they only test for a select few problems. I got the results of my Panorama bloods the day before I went for my 12 week Nucal scan

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (23-02-2015),KayzB  (14-02-2015),SJ565  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    Hi ladies,
    A question about the screening tests- our OB has said that if we do the Verifi (similar to harmony/panorama etc, just a different brand name) we don't need to do the 12 week US and BT.
    Has anyone else been referred for just the maternal screening test without the US? Im a bit worried that there may be something on the 12 week US that they check, not just Trisomy risks that may be missed until 20 weeks.
    DP says that he is the expert after all and we should trust his call, but I thought Ide ask what your experiences have been.
    Thanks in advance
    I had the harmony test done last week and got the results back yesterday. We were low risk for everything and are having a girl! I'm having my 12 week scan on Monday (12w2d). I think it's good to check everything again and for us it will be the final confirmation before we tell everyone. I'm so excited to see Bub again and see how much she has grown from last week

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teeja For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-02-2015),SJ565  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had Harmony and just a structural scan at 12wks (no Nuchal bloods and data not entered into database to get risk profile since Harmony gives you that). The structural scan is basically the same as the NT scan but without the bloods.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayz... I only had my Harmony test on Tues (11w5d), so I don't think they will be back by the time the 12week US (next Tues at 12w5d). I go to the OB next Fri (13w1d) to discuss results, so am presuming they will be back then.

Do the 12week scan people tell you the results there and then, or do they do the "silent treatment" and make you find out from the OB later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has more going on than the oct/nov due thread. a lot of info to learn. Posting to follow if you ladies don't mind. It is still early stage for me.....so being very cautious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeamCarts gorgeous hun! What a relief to know you're past another big hurdle. Great sign that 'naughty baby' is so active ☺️ Love the top for DS! xx
    @akakura hi hun I've been wondering how you're doing ☺️ So glad to hear all is going fab for you. And halfway there now! How exciting!
    Thanks for the reassurance re kicking. I've been having bad pains so was admitted to hosp yest & staying overnight for observation. Hopefully I can go home today, I miss my bed already ☺️ xx
    @Jk565 lots of lovely ladies have already provided you with great advice, but just wanted to say I agree - def get the 12wk scan done hun. I'm not sure why your FS has advised you against it 😕 I would strongly say to do it xx
    @Teeja awesome news about risk results hun, and yay for a precious lil girl! ☺️ xx
    @MGC Bertie guess it depends on the sonographer, but mine was lovely. He was really patient & informative, pointing out & explaining everything as he went. And told told us abt our risks based on nasal bone, fluid etc while we were there.

Also might be worth calling & seeing how long your scanning place takes?
    When I was ringing around, some places told me they'd spend 15-20mins per bub. The one we went with said 30mins each - but he ended up spending a good 1.5 hrs all up.
    Hope you end up somewhere good ☺️ xx
    @bbhope of course you can join hun and congrats! I'm just learning as I go too ☺️ xx

Hope everyone else is doing well, happy weekend all 😊

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (14-02-2015),TeamCarts  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB how scary for you, hope you are feeling better and your bubbas are doing well. Fx for going home to your own bed today! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, ladies, the oct thread is a bit quiet. I hope you don't mind me asking some questions here as you ladies are far along into the process. The whole process is a bit confusing. I live in perth but did my IVF rounds in sydney.

Because we were hurt so badly after the first chemical pregnancy (a miracle preg as my DH is azoo), and then the second, it is very difficult to get excited with the BFP this time around. We have more worries than excitement. I had have done 3 BTs. hcg 500+ (15dpo), 1400+ (17dpo), 2500+ (20dpo). The doubling rate is a bit slow on the third one but I assume this is normal after hcg reaches >1200. Does anyone know anything about this? I'll do another one on Monday just to make sure. We lost the last one at 5 weeks mark. Kinda nervous. Do you do any other BT other than the HCG during the first 6--7 weeks (until the scan)?

I'm seeing an OB/GYN locally for a different reason since last week. I am needing an immune treatment. The Dr is happy to take care of me until 12 weeks. People keep telling me that if i want to have a priv OB, book now. Isn't it a double effort to see another OB/GYN at this point if i am already seeing one? Of course, I've a choice later down the track to stay with him but it would be difficult due to the hospital he affiliated with being so far away from home.

On one hand, we have thought about going public. I'll leave the priv OB option open, though. If our first pregnancy would have worked, we would have left over $ for an OB. That has now been used for our interstate IVF cycle. We just can't find another $10k at this point unless we want debt, which isn't a good start to have a baby.

If we go public, when do i need to get a referral from the GP? When does the midwife care start? The public hospital that we are zoned to is actually further away than the other one (better one) so i suspect a referral is needed.

All of these are just thinking ahead. FX that the bub keeps growing........

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you need more scans in between 8 to 20 weeks, can you ask GP for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.
    Ill be asking the ob for a referral for the 12 week scan, just without the NT and bloods.
    Have a good Sunday.