Closed Thread
Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I was away for a couple of weeks over Christmas with limited internet so was reading the daily updates but wasn't able to reply, now it seems this thread has gotten away from me!!! Soooo many wonderful scans and results.

I got my Harmony test results back Tuesday and all good, we are having a baby boy (secretly wanted a girl but anything healthy will be fine by me!!) I agree with the others regarding the harmony test not being diagnostic however in the scheme of things whats another $575 after IVF? I think though it is a good early indicator or potential issues so happy to have done it.

Have been having a hard time accepting that I'm pregnant, it must be an IVF thing since I'm not the only one. The last scan with the little bub waving his arms and legs around was a bit more reassuring as well as the 'low risk' harmony test results but still can't quite get my head around it all. Have another scan tomorrow so that might help.

Will catch up on everyone's news as soon as I can. Hope you're all doing well xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (16-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally had our first scan today, yay! It seemed like forever before that got here.

All was good, bub measuring 8w6d, so a bit ahead and heartbeat was a strong 156.

Was very reassuring as I've had no symptoms as such, just get a lil tired in the arvo.

Hope everyone else is moving ahead nicely 😀

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looloo711 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (16-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the updated roll MGCBertie! Wow you are on top of it. For the record I'm in adelaide

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I am in Brisbane! I had my scan on the 13th and bubs is measuring spot on. Good news. Currently 7w4d. Great to see other mummies scan results and test results are all good!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeanksta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    I am actually very worried about my non invasive genetic test after all I've read. (Damn you google!) Since these are not diagnostic tests, women can test negative (low) and have baby with an issue, and many women test positive (high) and it be false.

The concern is that physicians are not fully informed and don't pass the info that this is "not diagnostic" on to the patient.

Ultimately, a CVS or amnio is the only way to tell. And I for one, opted for this test to avoid the other two.

Someone said it earlier, and I agree - IVF makes you immune to shelling out money.
    Hi lileitak,
    My hubby and I were tossing up about the NIPT too. We decided to go for it as a means of 'double reassurance'. We had it done at 10 +5 weeks and got the results before having the NT scan (yes, still need to do this). As far as results go, it's supposed to be a black or white result as you said. 1 in 10000 as very low risk, or 99% chance you child is affected. Much more conclusive than the ratings you get from NT alone. As we are expecting twins, we ended up unfortunately with a risk of 1 in 1000 for trisomy 13 (the least accurate of all 3 tested). So that was a little stressful until NT time.
    When we had the NT scan the ultrasound operator was stoked to see our NIPT results as they 'triumph' the scan. She still did confirm the low risk for trisomy 21 and 18, but had more time to spend on other measures and was able to confirm a low risk for tr13 as well.
    These results combined have eliminated our need for invasive testing which unfortunately for us has a higher risk of miscarriage of one or both foetuses.
    i hope this is a useful read.
    hugs and love Tilk xxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tilkah For This Useful Post:

ilex  (16-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was my understanding too Tilkah, that both tests together (Harmony and NT) would give a more conclusive result than NT alone. We're really just doing it for reassurance. I will not be doing any invasive tests. We're not finding out sex. I had my harmony test yesterday, together with a quick scan. Bub is now 33.5mm with hb of 168bpm. It moved its arm. It has arms!!! Sooooo cute!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015),MrsSG  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cute! That's a hand at the top of its head.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Funchu that is awesome!! Your due date is after mine but your scan looks much more like an actual baby than mine! Totes jealous!! Have another scan Tuesday at a proper US place so fx we get a better pic.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    @Funchu that is awesome!! Your due date is after mine but your scan looks much more like an actual baby than mine! Totes jealous!! Have another scan Tuesday at a proper US place so fx we get a better pic.
    I've been really lucky with my scans so far. The equipment definitely makes a difference. We couldn't believe it when we saw the little arm move. It looked even more like a baby in the moving image. It looks a bit blurry in the still. I might try to get some video on my phone at the 12w scan.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

ilex  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    New to this in all manner of speaking lol I am 9 weeks 5 days I am also due in August on 17 th.I am nearly 44 with first chid from Second round IVF and petrified still don't quiet belief I'm pregnant even with the morning - on off all day morning sickness and reflux from day 1
    Will be great to see how everyone else is going and pick up information as I have no idea lol