Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Random Q: @akakura and @KayzB (and anyone else with Monash Melbourne)... Did you have to pay for your Crinone /Progesterone once you got your BFP? I just picked up my script and it was $170 for 15! If they keep me on this to 12 weeks it's going to be an expensive endeavour. Goodness, like they don't charge you enough already.
    Hey lileitak! Yup I only got 3 free boxes (well they were included in my global fees) then I have to pay for the rest myself up to 12weeks twice a day or until my dr is happy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Jen, I'm so glad that your scan went well! It must have been amazing to see the little heart beat

Welcome Jeniwithanl, that's great you've got strong HCG that's a great result with frosties too.

KayzB, congrats on twins. I'm sorry it's been scary with the bleeding. Are they doing another scan for you soon?

Jasminecook85, good luck for your blood test on Mon! Are you still doing home tests? Hopefully that line is getting darker & darker.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, hope everyone is travelling along well

I've been so sick with morning sickness lately, well it appears to be all day sickness atm. It's getting hard with work but am on days off now which is nice
    Hey rocky thanks! Fx. I never ended up taking one. My partner wanted to but I like to wait it out. I said he cpuld yesterday cos he was a little upset feels like I get to choose everything. Well the only other thing is I dont want to know the sex. So he is just exaggerating a bit.haha poor fella.
    How is your morning sickness? Getting any better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jasminecook85 For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (30-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @JenniwithanI welcome hun & congrats! Great that you have lots of frosties too for future siblings!

@Rocky27 thanks hunny. I'm hoping when I meet with my OB she'll do another scan.

@lileitak yep you have to pay hun. And unfortunately for you, Crinone costs more than pessaries do. Could you ask Lynn if you could use pessaries instead?

@Essence08 welcome & congrats hun! Yep, BT's are $135 each! I opted not to do the last BT. You could always tell them that you don't want the 3rd BT - and instead just get it done bulk billed through your GP?

@akakura I hear you about being useless at work! I spend my days counting down the seconds til home time!
    Have you booked in to do Harmony etc?

@jasminecook85 1 more sleep for you hun, hope you receive some wonderful news tomorrow 😊
    Last edited by KayzB; 30-11-2014 at 08:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by jasminecook85 View Post
    Hey lileitak! Yup I only got 3 free boxes (well they were included in my global fees) then I have to pay for the rest myself up to 12weeks twice a day or until my dr is happy

My clinic Allow me to substitute crinone for pessaries when I'm out of pessaries, maybe you could ask if you can use pessaries instead. Then buy them from a chemist yourself if you can. I'm still buying from clinic but I've seen plenty of people say they get them from the chemist. Another point, my clinic said they only use crinone through an ivf cycle as a fair chunk is reimbursed by the govt. after the cycle is done they switch to pessaries because it's cheaper for the client.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 30-11-2014 at 10:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    My clinic Allow me to substitute crinone for pessaries when I'm out of pessaries, maybe you could ask if you can use pessaries instead. Then buy them from a chemist yourself if you can. I'm still buying from clinic but I've seen plenty of people say they get them from the chemist. Another point, my clinic said they only use crinone through an ivf cycle as a fair chunk is reimbursed by the govt. after the cycle is done they switch to pessaries because it's cheaper for the client.
    My dr doesnt want us on pessaries unfortunatley.so best stick to what our dr wants.but yes ive heard they are cheaper by nearly half the amount!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the input all. That is massively annoying. I kinda feel like we've been duped. I'll have to go back through my paperwork, but I don't recall being told or reading that you're out of pocket once you've reached the first BT. I'd like to say if all goes well with the next BT goes fine, I may skip the third and just wait for the scan. But I probably won't. And I probably won't push Lynn on the Crinone either. Tho I will ask about the pessaries. They must know that if you invest so much already, you're probably not going to push them on the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, thanks for all the welcomes!

Am I crazy??..... but I just did another pregnancy test - a digital one just to be sure and now the test indicates I'm another week along. Hopefully that's a sign of HCG rising!

Regarding payment from here - I'm with Monash IVF Melbourne and was just informed I'll now pay for my bloods and ultrasound from now after my first positive BT.

I guess the costs are to get you pregnant - after that it's treated like a normal pregnancy.

Would love to know thoughts - I've been reading up and at my time of first blood test I should be around 120 HCG. I then read if it's 30-40% higher it could mean multiples? My first BT on Wed at 4 weeks and 1 day was an HCG level of 216. Next BT on Wed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JenniwithanI yep the 2 follow up Monash BT's cost almost $300 in total! Such a rip off. You don't Have to have them though hun, so you can always opt not to.

I think quite a few ladies on here @akakura, @TeamCarts & others had high HCG's. But scans showed just the one bub. So doesn't necessarily mean multiples hun, perhaps a strong singleton 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jeniwithanl, my first blood test came back at 1270 HCG I think it was from memory. My nurse told me not to stress & it's still within the normal range. She said the HCG varies from person to person & that it doesn't necessarily mean multiples. How many embies did they put in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aargh so $135 each for two blood tests and $170 a fortnight for the next six weeks for crinone plus the initial cycle costs - my goodness this little Bub is already sending me broke . Obviously I'll pay whatever I have to and they know it!!

@layshoja wonder if we'll end up having babies the same day.