+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great! I'm on it ATM too but have had the tablets for months. I was going to trial taking them every second day so my sleep isn't disrupted so much and to keep my diet realistic for when I got off them iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    That's great! I'm on it ATM too but have had the tablets for months. I was going to trial taking them every second day so my sleep isn't disrupted so much and to keep my diet realistic for when I got off them iykwim?
    I haven't had any issues sleeping at all. Dh gets up for work at 6:30 so I take it then and go back to sleep for an hour. I'm usually getting tired around 10. Which is normal for me. Then sleep soundly all night.

Go for it.!!!

See how you go.! I do get the occasional dizzy spell but that's due to remembering to eat. I told gp today and he said if I'm worried he would lower my dose to 15 mg but I just need to be more consistent with my eating.

To be honest I haven't changed my eating at all. Or exercise for that matter. I just eat smaller meals more often and that is what we're supposed to do. I'm sure if I stuck to low calorie diet and exercised my butt off it would shred off but slow and steady I am happy with as long as the scales are coming down. It was more about me pigging out of a night time and not eating during the day. Those habits are changing. Hey I'm even eating breakfast for the first time in 15 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I took it at 6.30 the other day and was fine. 7am this morning so fingers crossed all good. I was taking it during the wk and having the weekends off but found I had an awful sleep the Monday night. I love the energy it gives me to exercise.
    Can you give me an example of what you eat during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an up and go for breakfast

Mug of cappuccino.

Fruit or toast for morning tea

Melt or 1/2 toasted sandwich at work

Meat and veg or salad for dinner.

Cup of tea

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou! I think I need to change some of my meals so that I don't get hungry. I have an up and go for breakfast too lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are really easy to get down whilst getting ready for school/work. Plus considering I don't usually eat breakfast at least it's something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I have taken duromine awhile ago now and it helped me lose about 7kgs over a 8wk period (before having my son). I've always been a biggish girl, unfortunately I think I gained about 12kgs after I stopped taking it then I got pregnant well you can imagine the rest. I was 95kg at my heaviest and I'm only 164cm 😣 I started having health problems after my son with blood pressure, depression and early diabetes I was only 25yrs old and in bp meds. It was really hard, I wasn't in a good space. I had lapband surgery in 2010 and to date have lost 45kgs, my health is the best it's ever been. I'm now preg with number 2 and things r just so much different. Eating well and exercising. It was such hard work but it has totally paid off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once I had lapband I was at ghd gum 6 days per week and I was eating really well - of course if have the naughty foods occasionally!

Good luck with your weight loss just remember hard work really pays off in the end and perhaps u don't notice straight away but it's there!!! 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry that's *at the gym

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    ok first weigh in done

starting weight 119.0kg - 29/0/15
    todays weight 116.6kg - 11/02/15

Gp couldn't be happier and either could I.. I have missed 3 tablets in total over the last 2 weeks, but still happy with this result
    Wow! That is great news, Lese!

When will your next weigh in be?

Congratulations!

P x