+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simran View Post
    Hi everyone, I have started duromine from 3 days. Everything is just fine I mean no sleeping issues no nausea nothing. I feel good energy. But I am not loosing any weight. I workout daily. From 10 days I am on no sugar no dairy and very low carb diet. I am vegetarian so mainly I eat salad. It makes me sad that I can't loose any weight. I have PCOS.
    Please help me, where I am wrong in diet or exercise? And please give me advice what should I eat?
    are you hungry at all. I am finding j just don't want to eat but I have to or I feel light headed. Maybe have a chat to your doctor. There maybe something else going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

How is everyone going with Duromine? I have a ton to weight & more bad habits than I care to admit to that need to be lost.

I have a script for 30mg of Duromine & am still making my mind up.

Yes to using it as a tool to start change but no to viewing it as a quick fix to lose weight.

Reading people's experiences of the medication - I think - gives plenty of clues how to avoid simply regaining the weight once the dosage is stopped.

So, how here is currently taking Duromine or taken it previously or thinking of starting it?

D x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just completed my first week on 30 mg. not getting weighed until next Wednesday.
    You have to use it as a tool but I overeating or big portion sizes are your biggest issue then it's fantastic for that. Your appetite is almost nil so you have to set reminders to eat. I will make the decision next week wether or not I will continue.
    Just to add. I haven't had any trouble sleeping.my energy levels have increased. I get dizzy sometimes but that's thru lack of eating which I am get in better at.
    Good luck with whatever decision you make. It's a bloody hard journey no way you do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    I have just completed my first week on 30 mg. not getting weighed until next Wednesday.
    You have to use it as a tool but I overeating or big portion sizes are your biggest issue then it's fantastic for that. Your appetite is almost nil so you have to set reminders to eat. I will make the decision next week wether or not I will continue.
    Just to add. I haven't had any trouble sleeping.my energy levels have increased. I get dizzy sometimes but that's thru lack of eating which I am get in better at.
    Good luck with whatever decision you make. It's a bloody hard journey no way you do it.
    Thanks Lese:

How true about it being tough, no matter what!

When you say are 'getting weighed' are you referring to the GP?

Setting reminders to eat?! Wow! What about your desire for 'bad' foods? Has that decreased?

I can see that the real trick would be to combine a healthy food intake with a good amount of exercise at the same time. Question would be what calorie intake levels to target.

Hmm! So tired of this constant struggle & feeling so controlled by food!

D x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Durodo View Post
    Thanks Lese:

How true about it being tough, no matter what!

When you say are 'getting weighed' are you referring to the GP?

Setting reminders to eat?! Wow! What about your desire for 'bad' foods? Has that decreased?

I can see that the real trick would be to combine a healthy food intake with a good amount of exercise at the same time. Question would be what calorie intake levels to target.

Hmm! So tired of this constant struggle & feeling so controlled by food!

D x
    Hi,
    Yeah I am going to my GP to be weighed..
    I suppose the bad food habits change because you are not as hungry so you have the time to make the right decisions and not jus reach for the first thing in front of you.
    I have fitness pal app on my phone and it says 1200 day.. I struggle to make that most days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    Hi,
    Yeah I am going to my GP to be weighed..
    I suppose the bad food habits change because you are not as hungry so you have the time to make the right decisions and not jus reach for the first thing in front of you.
    I have fitness pal app on my phone and it says 1200 day.. I struggle to make that most days
    Hi Lese:

Well I look forward to hearing the results of your first weigh in!

D x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok first weigh in done

starting weight 119.0kg - 29/0/15
    todays weight 116.6kg - 11/02/15

Gp couldn't be happier and either could I.. I have missed 3 tablets in total over the last 2 weeks, but still happy with this result
    Last edited by lese82; 11-02-2015 at 11:48. Reason: edited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done! Did you find you are more on the days you didn't take them? And do you calorie count or anything or just eat when you are hungry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    Well done! Did you find you are more on the days you didn't take them? And do you calorie count or anything or just eat when you are hungry?
    I don't have a huge appetite normally but yes found myself picking more they days I missed. I don't pick at all the days I take it.

Yeah I do but never eat the allocated calories. I try but never eat enough. Your not hungry. So have to remind yourself to eat. I'm happy with the way things are going.