+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can i add that its best to have a few weeks break in between a 2 months stint or the body adapts to the meds and they stop working.

This happened to 2 family members confirmed by the dr.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (23-01-2015),~ElectricPink~  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Can i add that its best to have a few weeks break in between a 2 months stint or the body adapts to the meds and they stop working.

This happened to 2 family members confirmed by the dr.
    I've actually decided to do this myself too, as I can't really afford to get my third box for another couple of weeks anyway. My weight loss started to slow down a bit towards the end of the second month, so I was hoping that a break would shake things up again. Glad to have that confirmed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421934245.640922.jpg
    This is another progress pic that I thought I'd share....this is me wearing the sane dress, three months apart. You can very clearly see the difference in the way that the dress sits on me

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (23-01-2015),MonsterMummy  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    Also thought I'd add- your doctor might want to run some tests beforehand to make sure that there are no underlying causes for the struggle to lose weight and for the tiredness. Have you had your thyroid checked? It does sound a little bit that that could be a possible factor? In general though, I've found that excess weight really does fatigue you! I'm actually wondering whether I might have chronic fatigue syndrome or something though, I've had a couple of days off duromine due to not having the money to get a new box, and I've been feeling so fatigued again, uggggh! Dr has checked my thyroid and run other tests, no obvious causes so far.
    I've had one lot of bloods done so far - but not sure if he did everything. Last year I had problems with cortisol being high. Not sure what is going on with my body atm - I think the spotting I had for a couple of days a few weeks ago was my period?! And that has never happened before.

How many calories are you having and are you eating regularly? Maybe try upping them just a little bit and see if that helps with energy levels?
    I usually eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I also do an intense 1 hour workout most days. It feels as though my body just holds onto everything and takes forever to realise it's okay to let go of some. I've tried having an extra 300 - 400 calories (maintenance amount for me) and I just plateaued instead...not that that is any difference to now anyway!

Attachment 66083
    This is another progress pic that I thought I'd share....this is me wearing the sane dress, three months apart. You can very clearly see the difference in the way that the dress sits on me
    You look great! You must also be feeling so much better within yourself. You can start to clean out your wardrobe

I am always receiving stereotypical comments when I'm overweight, like the doctor who said to me the other day (during DD's appt) when talking about something that was genetic, "...foods like softdrink and juices will cause that". I can't remember the other one from this week - DH might remember as I told him. I don't drink softdrink or juice! I've had two chocolates in the last 6 months (like squares of and it was about 5 months ago). If I go 'off the rails' at the moment that might mean that I eat some rice crackers, some nuts or an extra piece of fruit. So over being tired and waking up tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I REMEMBERED!!! The other comment was from a lady at the gym who was commenting that I was losing the weight. I replied that I was currently on a big plateau and she commented that "Well, it's that time of year" or something close to that, implying that I'd lived it up at Christmas/New Year like everyone else...well, no I didn't have any sweets or treats and stuck to my diet the entire time. She is a lovely lady and would have no idea about my body and what it does so I just let it go but it truly is just a constant ******. My FIL comments constantly how just cutting out bread has helped them lose weight - I've had two sandwiches in the last 6 months and that's because we were travelling last September and it was the only food that was practical.

Sorry - I'm having a bit of a vent...and a ramble. Why can't I have got a different body???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I REMEMBERED!!! The other comment was from a lady at the gym who was commenting that I was losing the weight. I replied that I was currently on a big plateau and she commented that "Well, it's that time of year" or something close to that, implying that I'd lived it up at Christmas/New Year like everyone else...well, no I didn't have any sweets or treats and stuck to my diet the entire time. She is a lovely lady and would have no idea about my body and what it does so I just let it go but it truly is just a constant ******. My FIL comments constantly how just cutting out bread has helped them lose weight - I've had two sandwiches in the last 6 months and that's because we were travelling last September and it was the only food that was practical.

Sorry - I'm having a bit of a vent...and a ramble. Why can't I have got a different body???
    What do you eat in a typical day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Subbing so i can read later but can i ask is it expensive? Do phi cover any cost? My gp has suggested i start duromine but i am a bit reluctant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Also subbing to read later. ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Also subbing to read later. ☺️
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Subbing so i can read later but can i ask is it expensive? Do phi cover any cost? My gp has suggested i start duromine but i am a bit reluctant
    What these two said =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    What do you eat in a typical day?
    Breakfast and Lunch = shake

Dinner = Either salad or low-gi veg with some sort of lean protein (ie. grilled chicken, roasted meat, etc). More protein if I've worked out that day.

Snacks = Usually 2-3 portions of fruit depending on if I've worked out that day or not (apples, grapes, strawberries)

Occasionally = Portion of nuts or some rice crackers if I'm really hungry

I went off the shakes for a month to see if it was my body going into famine mode, but my body just maintained - hence why it is my 'maintenance diet' once I go off the shakes.