+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleep81 View Post
    Weigh in today 7.4kgs all up now (4 weeks) doc has put me on 40's now..
    That is fantastic!!!! Well done!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Kleep81  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck codex! I hope it works for you I couldn't be happier. If you need any support please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! I will try go back to my GP and get the script within a few weeks. Hopefully it will give me some energy too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is wanting to start duromine again in the new year. I'd love to hear some updates about how everyone is going :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going with it?? Anyone else game enough to share photos of results so far??

I'll go first.... 10kgs lost in two months. Weight loss slowed down a lot in the second month, but still pretty happy with the overall results, although I thought that a loss of 10kgs would have made more of a dramatic difference than it has. Anyhow.......
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421280620.900690.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421280703.830693.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421280721.113999.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421280738.393424.jpg

Last two pics were taken this morning, the other progress pics were my before pic and one from a couple of weeks ago.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

Jast  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had any big problems with the duromine? I'm on a mega-plateau and have even put on in the last two weeks. Does the duromine just curb your hunger or does it help the body to use the food? I'm after something that helps my body to use the food as I've been really good for a long time and don't crave food.

Thank you for posting your progress pics ElectricPink. You are looking fantastic! There is a big difference - I'm sure your clothes would be telling you that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The main aim of the drug is to reduce appetite.

Is it working to reduce your appetite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not on it and haven't tried it. I have PCOS and it's always been a lot of hard work to move the weight. My body put weight on very easily when I was pregnant and it's moving off slowly - very slowly.

Just inquisitive as my doctor has suggested hcg treatment but it seems to have the same goal as the duromine in terms of reducing appetite and therefore not much use. I'm after something that will help my body use the energy the right way instead of reducing hunger as I don't feel hungry.

My doctor believes in minimal intervention. Have had one lot of bloods done but my BSL/insulin levels weren't checked! He's away for another month though.
    It's this kind of feeling

At this rate it will take me another two years to lose the last 15kg as it just isn't moving like I used to be able to get it to. We don't have money to burn and I want to avoid having to buy clothes in several different sizes as I need new clothes, bras, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I'm not on it and haven't tried it. I have PCOS and it's always been a lot of hard work to move the weight. My body put weight on very easily when I was pregnant and it's moving off slowly - very slowly.

Just inquisitive as my doctor has suggested hcg treatment but it seems to have the same goal as the duromine in terms of reducing appetite and therefore not much use. I'm after something that will help my body use the energy the right way instead of reducing hunger as I don't feel hungry.

My doctor believes in minimal intervention. Have had one lot of bloods done but my BSL/insulin levels weren't checked! He's away for another month though.
    It's this kind of feeling

At this rate it will take me another two years to lose the last 15kg as it just isn't moving like I used to be able to get it to. We don't have money to burn and I want to avoid having to buy clothes in several different sizes as I need new clothes, bras, etc.
    I don't think there is a drug that will change the way your body uses the fuel that you put in.

If you put less fuel in then you will lose weight. The appetite suppressing drugs help you to put less fuel in.

I don't think you can assist your body to use energy in a different way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Has anyone had any big problems with the duromine? I'm on a mega-plateau and have even put on in the last two weeks. Does the duromine just curb your hunger or does it help the body to use the food? I'm after something that helps my body to use the food as I've been really good for a long time and don't crave food.

Thank you for posting your progress pics ElectricPink. You are looking fantastic! There is a big difference - I'm sure your clothes would be telling you that.
    Thanks Little Ted

I've found that the duromine reduces appetite and also increases energy. I actually have to force myself to eat properly, as in the beginning I barely are as I just wasn't hungry, and ended up very fatigued. I've also read that duromine increases your metabolism and accelerates absorption of fat, as long as you ensure that you are consuming enough calories to not switch into "starvation mode".

Regarding your other post....I also have PCOS, and have struggled for a long time to lose any weight. This has really worked for me, although you do have to keep in mind that it's not a miracle drug either. I also ended up seeing a dietician to set an eating plan to go along with it....and found that one of the reasons that I've struggled to lose weight in the past is because I actually wasn't eating enough, and what I did eat I was consuming too many carbs, which as you may know isn't recommended with PCOS.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (16-01-2015)