+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So weighed in again this morning. I bought my own scales.

114.7kg.

Very happy with that considering we just had a weeks holidays. I took it while we were away but missed a few days when we got back because of sleeping too late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking it about twice a week and have been doing meal shakes for bfast and lunch with normal dinner but smaller portion. It's working well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey OP.

I started taking Duromine almost 12 months ago. I was put on 1 x 40mg tablet a day.
    The first 2-3 days i found it worked well. I would wake up around 6am, take the tablet, and go back to bed for an hour or so...then when i woke up i WAS all go go go.
    I found i had NO appetite at all, so i would eat 3 small, healthy meals per day. (1 piece of toast, dry with veggiemite, or 1 small serve corn flakes for breakfast.....2 rice cake sandwhiches with a scrape of mayo, and lettuce for lunch, and a bowl of veggie soup, or small amount of meat and steamed veg for dinner)

I was seeing results quickly...In those first 3 days i think the scales dropped 4kgs just from the bloat and extra stuff you tend to carry.

Day 4 i started to feel breathless... Day 5, i was getting heart palpitations, head spins and feeling really dizzy. I ended up going to ER (GP closed) and it had sent my blood pressure quite high. The nurse was really derogatory and judgemental that i was taking it...so i seen my GP the next day who said to take 1 tablet every 2nd day which i done...

The first week i lost over 6kgs. I was excited, but i know its not healthy!

Eating healthily and taking them every 2nd day seemed to work well for me, over the next few months - with regular exercise (either a 5-6km walk pushing DS in the pram, OR an 8+km bike ride with him in a toddler seat at least 6 days a week) seen the weight drop off.

Between March and August, i managed to lose a total of 25kgs! Towards July i was starting to space the tablets out to every 3 days, then every 4 days in an attempt to wean myself off them.

I had to stop cold turkey in September as i found out we were expecting #2 after 20 months of TTC with no luck.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default metermine 30mg

hi i have been on the metermine 30mg for three weeks now and i haven't lost anything .....PLEASE help me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well back on the band wagon this week. Going to get my script filled tomorrow afternoon to start Tuesday. Filled my fridge up with fruit and veg today to make good choices when wanting a snack. ( although I'm going to have to force myself to eat I think ). Wish me luck girls and let's do this together.!!!!!!
    I had a good chat to hubby about excess skin and feeling unattractive which is why I don't put a lot of effort in weight loss wise and he doesn't care. He told me he would prefer me to be healthy and look at skin removal later than me being miserable now. So let's do this !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Peep!

Anyone still here?

Is anyone still losing weight with Duromine? Anyone interested still in talking about this medication?

D x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! I haven't taken it for 2 years but only because of being pregs. After I've had babies I would definitely look to start again if I haven't shed my excess kgs!