+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a tough situation! It gets so complicated when kids are involved. Ive never been in that situation so I'm not talking from any experience. If she wanted the time off as she doesnt like leaving The baby and wants time to bond with the baby fair enough, I stayed on maternity leave until I stopped breastfeeding and was emotionally able to be away from the baby. But if shes already able to leave the baby and you guys are suffering financially then she should have a consciounce and help out. If you didnt have a child together I would of said you sound unhappy Leave. But when you have a child its no ones place to tell you to leave. But you really do sound unhappy and I really really really dislike people who 'trick' people with falling pregnant they turn the other persons life on its head! It says alot about their personality Sneaky and selfish Dont you think??? I am married and have known my husband for 13 years and still when I wanted a baby when he didnt I'd wait till he wanted one thats the fair thing to do. I dont know what advice to offer if you should tell her how you really really feel or not. Goodluck hope things get better for you, you sound like a great parent
    Last edited by Mummy5ormore; 01-11-2014 at 21:15.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummy5ormore For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (02-11-2014),SuperGranny  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your girlfriend sounds very lazy, I couldn't tolerate that.

You both need to contribute to the household & if necessary the finances. I don't believe that any one person should be fully responsible for supporting the family (unless of course you have agreed to do that - in which case that's completely fine)

Your girlfriend sounds exactly like someone I know & their relationship has just ended.

Given that she deceitfully fell pregnant, do you think this was her intention from the start ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would tell her she either needs to apply for CL or get a casual job to help out.

It sounds like you harbor a lot of resentment on several topics, some of them may well be valid. Deliberately skipping pills to get pg is not ok. Period. But you guys now have a baby, and with respect, being a SAHM for several years now, 4 days is a honeymoon period. It isn't just the baby it's all the housework, the errands. Particularly when my kids were small, it was literally a 20 hour a day job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You say she's pushing you away a lot ... - I don't mean to be nasty... You asked for opinions though. And my first thoughts after reading this post is "is this guy for real? He sounds like he's a young kid with control issues who doesn't love this chick and is looking for any thing to pick on to justify leaving her." Sorry but that's my first impression.

You guys are on two different planets and the danger of that is that you could be making some very big and inaccurate assumptions. Talk to her!
    Last edited by VicPark; 01-11-2014 at 21:14.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

delirium  (01-11-2014),~ElectricPink~  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post

Given that she deceitfully fell pregnant, do you think this was her intention from the start ?
    This bit has me sus. I mean how does he know this? And what dude would stay with a scrubber who fell pregnant on purpose without the other persons consent?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was full time casual with my company for the past four years (besides the month I was in Brisbane) averaging 45-50hrs a week but my company has expanded and wants everyone permanent full time.

I was in Brisbane for a month before she told me she was pregnant so it would have had to have happened pretty much just before I left.
    She has all her family in Sydney, this being the reason why she didn't want to leave and I had to come back.
    She doesn't do a lot with her family at all and has very little support from them. My dad takes care of my son for most of the day for two days a week as well so she can do her own thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy86 View Post
    I was full time casual with my company for the past four years (besides the month I was in Brisbane) averaging 45-50hrs a week but my company has expanded and wants everyone permanent full time.

I was in Brisbane for a month before she told me she was pregnant so it would have had to have happened pretty much just before I left.
    She has all her family in Sydney, this being the reason why she didn't want to leave and I had to come back.
    She doesn't do a lot with her family at all and has very little support from them. My dad takes care of my son for most of the day for two days a week as well so she can do her own thing.
    You seem to make a lot of notes about the sacrifices and good work that you and your father do... Is there anything good about your girlfriend? Has she made any sacrifices for your child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This bit has me sus. I mean how does he know this? And what dude would stay with a scrubber who fell pregnant on purpose without the other persons consent?
    Some people feel obligated to stay i have seen it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Then why are you with her? Don't stay in an unhappy, crappy relationship for your child. Trust me when I say your son will sense your unhappiness as he grows. If she is in fact not doing anything at home, tricked you into getting pg, won't apply for CL even though you are struggling badly it's time to leave. You will be entitled to contact with your son which will increase as he gets older.

Life is too short to be unhappy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing is as well, she does not do house work or cook at all, I come home from work and cook every night and spend my Sunday cleaning the house every week. The one thing she does do is wash my work clothes through the week which I do appreciate. Her lack of contribution to the house work makes it harder for me feel like it's a fair relationship.
    Her sister told me she had stopped taking her pill and I asked her herself and she also told me. I wasn't happy about it at all but I wanted to be a part of my babies life so I looked past it