+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    You advised the OP to lie and fake a cough? It's not the agent that makes any tribunal decision it's the tribunal member who does not an agent , I'm saying there is no need to lie as mould is a legitimate reason to break a lease
    What she said. I work in real estate and the tenants who get the best outcomes are the ones who go about it correctly. The ones who march into the office ranting and raving about fake illnesses and merely threatening legal action just look like lunatics. As a tenant you have rights, and there's a proper way to fix problems.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (01-11-2014),Elijahs Mum  (01-11-2014),VicPark  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    What she said. I work in real estate and the tenants who get the best outcomes are the ones who go about it correctly. The ones who march into the office ranting and raving about fake illnesses and merely threatening legal action just look like lunatics. As a tenant you have rights, and there's a proper way to fix problems.
    Thanks, that's the total opposite of who I am so the thought never even crossed my mind. Correctly is exactly how I want to go about it. I will contact them Monday and ask whether they will be replacing the carpet and fixing the wall otherwise I'll start the process to break the lease. Just sitting on the couch now all I can smell is wet carpet and mould

Thanks for the advice ladies!