+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anonymous or not she would have checked out the website.

Tazza I think maybe your feeling guilty because you feel bad that this is happening to your friend. It's an awful thing to find out. And now she will know thanks to you (mean that in a good tone).

But I would be prepared to answer questions as to why you were on there and her possibly getting defensive about it.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I probably wouldn't have done anything unless it was someone I was currently close with.

If I did send a note I wouldn't have signed it. The chick could hold it against you and you never know the guy could blame you and go all psycho.
    I don't think not signing it would have been gutless: you have responsibility in this scenario that would justify being labelled gutless, that's for the 'man' to own. I don't think an anonymous note would have affected credibility either, any chick receiving a note like that would check the website herself regardless of whether the note was signed or not.
    I don't really mind if she is angry at me as I said we aren't best friends but I do care about her enough to feel like I should say something. I know that eventually she will understand that I only had good intentions and only wanted what is best for her. I understand what you are saying about sending the letter anonymously and looking back it may have been the better option for me to avoid any future awkward situations as I do see R sometimes in passing. To my knowledge he is not a violent/psycho person but I suppose guilty people can get defensive about these sorts of situations.

@ScubaGal I'm more than happy to explain myself to her and answer any questions that she has for me if J feels comfortable enough to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    Deep down I must have known it was the right thing to do because I did do it... I just don't know why I feel guilty about doing it.
    Simply because your the messenger of bad news. I wouldn't say it is guilt as much as really really bad feeling of disappointment at having to be the one in the situation to decide whether or not to break the news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    Except that they have broken up before because you thought he was cheating on her? So I don't think it would be that.
    You never know what kind of 'agreements' a couple may set... Stranger things have happened. Unless you are one in that couple or hear the conversation take place, you wil never truly know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Somehow I think the chick would be preoccupied with sorting out her boyfriend situation...
    Assuming she doesn't brush it under the carpet. Which does happen.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Assuming she doesn't brush it under the carpet. Which does happen.
    It is definitely a possibility with J. She is very quiet and naive and also quite introverted, I think she may stay purely for the fact that she would be alone without him... Hopefully if they do split she will feel comfortable enough to speak to me for support and know that I do care about her and am still here for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had to find out about multiple infidelities the hard way. I wish one of my friends had had the guts to let me know rather than talking behind my back. Trust me, you did the right thing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't have sent it. The only relationship that is my business is my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    I wouldn't have sent it. The only relationship that is my business is my own.
    So you wouldn't want to know if your partner was having an affair?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    So you wouldn't want to know if your partner was having an affair?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hmmm. I probably would, yes. But not like that.

Plus what I would want in my relationship isn't necessarily what the OP's friend wants.

I just wouldn't get involved. Nobody knows what goes on in a relationship behind closed doors.