+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Unhappy WWYD, Feeling Kind Of Guilty.

I was on my lunch break at work yesterday browsing scary mommy confessions (like bubhub but with an anonymous confessional). I saw a confession about a woman's husband being on a website called Ashley Madison. I was curious about what it was so did a little research and found out that it was a dating site for people in relationships who want to have affairs. I was curious as to what kind of people would use this kind of a website so I made a quick fake profile and was scrolling through the profiles in SA. I did let DP know that I had set up a fake account and he was okay with it.

The people who live in the rental property on the same land as my work know my sister and my Dad. The girl who lives in the house used to be my sisters best friend (let's call her J) for about 7 or 8 years and was like a sister to me also for quite sometime (my Mum had practically adopted her into our family when we were little). Over the years J and my sister lost touch, they still catch up occasionally but aren't all that close anymore and so I don't really see J anymore apart from exchanging pleasantries when she comes into my work to pay rent.

J lives in the house with her boyfriend (let's call him R) and another housemate. Now over the past year or so I have seen a girl rock up to the house when J is at work and R is home by himself. J and R have broken up before because of this girl but R assures her that nothing is going on between them and that they are just 'friends'. J and R get back together and so far this girl has stopped coming to their house from what I have seen.

Back to this Ashley Madison website... As I'm scrolling through I see R's face and am not all surprised. His profile goes on to list his name, height, weight etc. and talks about how he is an attached male looking for some fun on the side. His profile picture is quite recent and he talks about disgusting things that he is looking for in a short term fling.

I'm not sure if I should have done it and I don't know if it was really my place but I was so mad at R. I printed his profile out from the internet and slipped it into and envelope addressed to J with a note attached that said that I was sorry but I thought that she should know. Now I'm feeling kind of guilty because I'm not sure if I should have said anything as we are not that close anymore but once upon a time she was like my sister and I feel like she deserves better. Looking back I probably should have told her in person, but as I said we are not that close anymore it would have been a lot more awkward and hard to slip into the conversation.

I know I probably should have stayed out of it and am not feeling a little guilty as I am not sure if it was my place, but I have always known deep down that he was a slimy creep.

Would you have let her know or did I do the wrong thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I think you did the right thing. I would want to know if I had a partner doing the dirty on me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (31-10-2014),SpecialK  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sucked in to R...dirty dog.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she was like a sister to me, I would have done the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what a situation. I probably would of done nothing but really what are the chances you happen to be on a site for fun and happen to come across a person you use to be friends with's partner doing something he shouldn't be ??? Did you sign the letter that it was from you?
    Lol just went to the website and the page said

"Over 29,655,000 anonymous members!"

Lol obviously not so anonymous
    Last edited by Mummy5ormore; 31-10-2014 at 14:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I think you did the right thing. I would want to know if I had a partner doing the dirty on me.

Yep this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Don't feel guilty. You did the right thing. Who knows what diseases he could be bringing home to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Mummy5ormore I originally thought the site was in America only and when I realised that it was worldwide I actually had a thought in the back of my mind I wonder if there's anyone on the site that DP or I know as DP knows a few people having affairs. It's such a strange coincidence and I wish I wasn't so nosy now, that'll teach me!

I did sign the letter from me.
    I wrote: J I'm really sorry to be the one to tell you but I found R's profile on this website called Ashley Madison and I thought you should know. I'm really sorry. And then I signed my name.. It's just such a crappy situation..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @DesperatelySeekingSleep funny you should mention that... They both had chlamydia at one point.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    Wow what a situation. I probably would of done nothing but really what are the chances you happen to be on a site for fun and happen to come across a person you use to be friends with's partner doing something he shouldn't be ??? Did you sign the letter that it was from you?
    Lol just went to the website and the page said

"Over 29,655,000 anonymous members!"

Lol obviously not so anonymous
    Maybe you can refine your search (location)

I would want to know too.