+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovarian cyst

Hi all
    I am 10w4d and I had a scan yesterday as part of my NIPT test. The sonographer identified that I had a large cyst on my right ovary. She didn't say exactly how big and I don't know how to interpret from the images. I asked if it was anything to worry about it and she said sometimes they go away themselves and sometimes they cause pain and to speak to my OB about it. I conceived with the assistance of clomid.

The more I think about I have been experiencing some pain, which I had just put down to being pregnant. Mainly:
    - pain on my right side
    - pain when I stand up too quickly
    - pain in groin/upper thigh when walking
    - pain when passing bowel movements

I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday so I'll wait until then to talk to her about it and try not to worry. Does anyone have experience with having a cyst while pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there!

I am not sure if this is similar to you but I have had a similar experience.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 months ago and when I had my recent dating scan (6weeks5days) the sonographer picked up a large cyst on my left ovary, she explained it was the follicle in which I ovulated from and that was the cause of my pain on the left hand side. She told me that it would go away naturally and my gp said the same thing to me.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have PCOS as well, and went through IVF for this pregnancy - I'm currently 8 weeks and have a cyst approximately 6cms on my right ovary which they think is from the hormone stimulation from IVF treatment. Apparently they go down on their own - my FS wasn't worried at all - and it's just something they keep an eye on. In the meantime, that on top of my bloating and slowly growing uterus and (teeny tiny atm) baby it kinda sucks lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for responding @mrsnv and @jaybu84

Initially I was expected to have PCOS but I was ovulating so I don't know...

That makes me feel much better and will get me through until I see OB next week Wishing you both a smooth and healthy pregnancy