Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any Canberra first timers???

?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me :-)

Seven weeks at the moment.

None stop nausea and vomiting for the past few days. Not the best days in my life.

Had the blood test done a week ago at Florey Medical. Results are all good except lacking Vitamin D3.

We are going public at Calvary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!!!!

I'm 11 atm (I think haven't had a dating scan) going for my scan on Thursday and I'm freaking out!

I too have been suffering from nausea (past three weeks have just been unbearable) and horrid bloating and this strange fullness feeling which I get after only a few mouthfuls of food... Even thou 10 mins before I was starving!

Sorry you haven't had an easy week. Fingers crossed that it starts to settle down a bit.

I am also going public at calvery, I was accepted into the midwifery program which I'm pretty excited yet freaking terrified about.

What's your due date?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a first time Canberra mum but my Bub arrived in July so we're a little further along in our journey. I went through the calvary midwife continuity program and loved it! One of the best decisions I've ever made! Happy to answer any questions about it if it'll help.
    Congrats to you both on your pregnancies. :-)

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Ladies!

I am due in late June. Just got through to Calvary and they will send me a pack of forms to fill in. I forgot to mention the midwifery program at Calvary. Is it really good, Betty?

Past few days feel like I am constantly having carsick to no end! I wouldn't even get interested in my favorite foods

Also been feeling gas filling up in my stomach since yesterday.

Hope you are doing great Ace22

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been good, but I swear this nausea is getting worse. My melboune cup lunch didn't stay very long and my lunch today isn't sitting well.

I have my first scan tomorrow which also happens to be the start of week 12! Yay!

But boy oh boy am I nervous as hell about it! I had a dream that they told me I was crazy and I had just had a big lunch lol

How did you find the program? I have my first meeting with a midwife in December. Don't really know what to expect. I really feel a bit in the dark no one really gives much info.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't eat most of the things I usually would. Of those food went down my stomach, half of it came out in puree form. I am relying on mostly liquid diet at the moment. The ginger tea my husband made this morning is good though.

What kind of food do you find easiest to take in at the moment?

How exciting to go into the first scan. Not that I am looking forward to drinking half a litre of water before the ultrasound though.

I had a dream a few days back. A black snake and a red one coming towards me and freaked/woke me up at night. Coincidentally, my husband had the same dream. Anyone in the dream decipher business could give me a clue what the dream meant?

Best of luck!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! Can I join? I'm only just over 4 weeks along but am a first timer in Canberra
    I am also looking to go through the calvary midwifery program. I stopped by on Monday and filled in all the forms so should get a call in a few weeks to schedule my first appointment. Would love to hear all about it! Did you find it ok to only have a short stay at the hospital after birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reilic View Post
    Congrats Ladies!

I am due in late June. Just got through to Calvary and they will send me a pack of forms to fill in. I forgot to mention the midwifery program at Calvary. Is it really good, Betty?

Past few days feel like I am constantly having carsick to no end! I wouldn't even get interested in my favorite foods

Also been feeling gas filling up in my stomach since yesterday.

Hope you are doing great Ace22
    Sorry about the slow reply! We've had visitors this week and as a result I haven't had a lot of bubhub time.

I really can't praise the Calvary continuity program highly enough so be warned this is likely to be long!

The midwives are incredibly dedicated and provide an excellent level of care. I loved being able to text or call my midwife the couple of times I had concerns during my pregnancy (once when I had sudden swelling and once when I thought I'd been exposed to whooping cough) and she was fantastic in terms of responding quickly. I found that seeing the same person the whole way through my pregnancy really helped me to build my confidence before the birth. She knew my preferences for labour and I knew I'd be well supported. In the end she was on leave the weekend my baby was born (doh) but one of the other birth centre midwives looked after me and she was great. The way the antenatal classes are run through the birth centre mean that you do get to meet the other midwives which is good incase your midwife does happen to be on a day off like mine was!

I ended up having a natural birth with no intervention which is exactly what I wanted and is really what the program is geared towards. However a friend who went through the program ended up needing an emergency c-section and her midwife stayed with her every step of the way.

i was a bit worried about having such a short stay in hospital but the at home postnatal visits were fabulous! I actually think you end up getting more support, and sleep, than you would staying on the ward if it was busy. My midwife visited every day for 9 days after dd was born.

Anyway sorry if this has been a bit disjointed and tricky to follow. Dd had me up a bit last night and sleep deprivation isn't conducive to clear writing! I hope the information is helpful.

How did your scan go @Ace22?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Betty, it's awesome! Hope you get some good night sleeps soon

I just got the forms from Calvary and will send it back soon. I am pretty keen to do the classes offered by the antenatal clinics.

It's nice to know good things about the continuity program at Calvary. Looking forward to it already (minus the nausea of course)

By the way, when you said:

Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    i was a bit worried about having such a short stay in hospital but the at home postnatal visits were fabulous! ?
    How many days did you actually spend in the ward after the birth? We are worried about this too.