+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Is there a reason why your pediatrician said to start now? Unless it was for medical reasons I wouldn't LoCo. Maybe try in a month or two.
    That's what I thought. I mean she has reflux but nothing major. Follow mothers instinct right? It's screaming out noooo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Personally, no. Does your bub have a reason to start solids early/asap? (Like low weight gain or something?)

I did blw so didn't start until around 6 months, a few weeks after ds learnt to use a spoon (ie. Pick it up and put it in his mouth). I introduced eggs and peanuts right away.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ah yes low weight gain is this why? Oh dear. Would I be bad to wait until 6 moth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But breastmilk /formula has so much more calories and good fats than any amount of solids you could feed at that age so I don't understand how starting solids would help with weight gain

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (01-11-2014),BettyW  (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Girls if baby has no interest in food or head control would you still start on solids? I'm scared.
    To me there is your reason for not starting - if she is not physically ready then there is no point forcing it , she will know when she is ready ( and so will you!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-11-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ah yes low weight gain is this why? Oh dear. Would I be bad to wait until 6 moth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    But breastmilk /formula has so much more calories and good fats than any amount of solids you could feed at that age so I don't understand how starting solids would help with weight gain
    Yes I agree with Elijahs mum. I was just suggesting weight gain as it tends to be an excuse to do things like start solids early. Not that I necessarily think thats the right thing to do. Some babies just gain slowly. Is your bub otherwise happy, healthy, content after a feed Loco? (Aside from reflux)

Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 01-11-2014 at 11:12.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Yes I agree with Elijahs mum. I was just suggesting weight gain as it tends to be an excuse to do things like start solids early. Not that I necessarily think thats the right thing to do. Some babies just gain slowly. Is your bub otherwise happy, healthy, content after a feed Loco? (Aside from reflux)

Yes fairly happy I just couldn't see what he was meaning. I'll wait I'm sure I'll know when she's ready right?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yes fairly happy I just couldn't see what he was meaning. I'll wait I'm sure I'll know when she's ready right?
    Yes probably. Just go with your mummy instincts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There's definitely no point starting before she's ready, nothing will actually make it in because her tongue thrust reflex will push it out and you'll just get frustrated. Plus, like EM said, first weaning foods are not full of many calories so you'll be filling her up with empty calories and she'll have to make up for it later (like more feeds overnight).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (02-11-2014),LoCo  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    What tripe! Bub would have been exposed to allergens in utero, also through your breast milk. What bubs are fed and when has no impact.

Allergies are genetic in that asthma, eczema, hay fever, food allergies are all related and if you and or the baby's father have any of those or they run in the family, bub is more likely to have one of those health issues.

Not at all your fault!

Our Family is now complete.
    Welcome DS The 'Easy One' 28.09.2014.
    Feisty and Independent DD 02.03.2012
    DH 36
    L'il ol Me 31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When in utero, the gut bacteria of the mum is important as this determines the gut bacteria of their baby. During pregnancy the baby has a sterile gut, and it isn't until they're born that they ingest some of the mums vaginal mucous to start off their own gut micro biome. They also receive it through breast milk.
    More than likely the mums bacteria is out of balance due to processed foods, antibiotics, environmental factors etc.

It IS possible to heal your child's food allergy but it's a lot of hard work and commitment for up to 2 years before slowly introducing the allergic food back into the diet. It's called GAPS which stands for gut and psychology syndrome.

We are actually more bacteria than we are human and majority of it lies in our guts. The gut bacteria is just as important as our brain. If our gut bacteria is out of balance then you get all kinds of health issues including allergies.

If you like googling then search for "gut bacteria and food allergies".