+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default St George Private vs Westmead Private vs anything better

Hi Guys,
    Hope everything is going well with all of you.
    I am approx 10w with my first bub and have started to look for a obstetrician and a maternity hospital. I looked at the St George (20 mins away)and Westmead (30 mins away) private websites and liked that they both can offer private suites where my husband can stay overnight too.
    I am not sure how new/clean they are and I don't like their limited visiting hours, as I would want mum there. I saw the SAH (1 hr away) website and it looks lovely- its new and has great visiting hours (almost all day). Additionally, I havent seen any good reviews for StG in the past (approx 2007), which is quite concerning. Do any of you ladies out there have any experience with StG or Westmead Private hospital? Was it clean? were the staff nice? Were they caring? competent?
    Would you recommend any other hospital? I live in sydney south /southwest but am considering travelling for a good hospital.
    Do you guys recommend any female obstetrician?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Warmest Regards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My friend who's DS is 12 weeks had him at StG with Dr karen Harris. She had a ridiculous amount of complications and even had major bowel surgery at 30 weeks. She was induced on her due date ended up having an emergency csec and then went into trauma. She came out the other end happy and healthy just like her baby. She was over the moon with the treatment she received there and continued to go there even after she moved halfway through her pregnancy and travel time was over an hour. She recommends dr Harris to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had DS at Hurstville private as did all my friends , loved it, DH stayed 4 out of the 5 nights and the mid wives were fantastic - check out the website , we all used Dr Opperman and he is just wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my Dr at Norwest Private which isn't far from westmead. It's really nice and clean and if you have a natural uncomplicated birth you get a queen bed. Hubby stayed and they were great!