+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We kept the hospital tags and cot tag but nothing else. It didn't even cross my mind to take the blanket, gown or beanie. They were all the first things he wore but I didn't want anything that signified the time I missed. As soon as I came up from recovery he was dressed in the onesie and blanket I had packed for him.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had to find this thread to add to it. We had someone recently who stayed on our ward "rooming in" with their baby as baby had been in special care nursery.

They took...
    - Baby blankets, as well as all the other linen in the room (sheets, pillowcases, towels, blankets)

- All the tea, coffee, sugar/sweetener sachets

- 2 water jugs (one for hot water, one for cold)

- 2 glasses and 2 mugs

- all 3 boxes of gloves kept in the room

- the half used bottle of alcoholic hand gel from the wall

I can't remember what/if they took anything else, but basically if it wasn't bolted down then they took it! Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I had to find this thread to add to it. We had someone recently who stayed on our ward "rooming in" with their baby as baby had been in special care nursery.

They took...
    - Baby blankets, as well as all the other linen in the room (sheets, pillowcases, towels, blankets)

- 2 glasses and 2 mugs

I can't remember what/if they took anything else, but basically if it wasn't bolted down then they took it! Crazy.
    Omg!! Really! Who does that?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post

They took...

- 2 glasses and 2 mugs

Wow! Haha, that's crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Some people have no shame, clearly. I would be too embarrassed. Even if I never saw any of the people from the hospital ever again, I couldn't stand people remembering me as the one who stole everything that wasn't bolted down!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (13-12-2014),TheGooch  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! Perhaps they were really poor?

My hospital provided nothing for baby, we had to provide our own wraps, blankets, clothes, nappies, wipes, etc...

But the midwife who took me from birth suite up to my room had me bring my pillow with me from birth suite. She told me there were no spare pillows in the ward at all, and I couldn't figure out why on earth there'd be a shortage of pillows. Sure enough, when I got to ward, the bed was all made with towels and everything, but no pillow at all.

It all makes sense now! People must steal them from the hospital! I can't figure out why though, the pillow was useless, I had my dh bring mine in from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine is a midwife in a low income area and she told me she has found mums putting things into the middle of the bed and the pulling the sheets off to wrap it all up and then putting it in their bags.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Ridiculous. The amount of houses I've been to and seen Q Health stamped towels and sheets are disgusting. It's never the poor people though, it's always the middle/high income earners for some reason.

We don't even use baby blankets anymore. It's towels to dry bub off and cover bub immediately after birth and then straight into their own clothes and blankets/wraps after being weighed etc. The dirty towels then immediately get tossed into the linen skip.

A hospital I used to work at had a problem nicking the handheld dopplers and selling them on gumtree or at markets. We also found one of our commercial grade breast pumps (worth at least a few grand) on gumtree. Police were called and the idiots hadn't noticed the hospital engraved serial number on it.
    I have some sheets and blankets stamped with a couple of local health services names. In my defence some were purchased at the op shop and other my mil was given by the hospital (she works there) as they were getting ratty and needed to be tossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I took the baby blanket from my private hospital. They were happy to give it to me too 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've never heard of people taking those blankets and to be honest after having four babies at three different hospitals, it didn't occur to me to take one either.

The only thing I took home was the baby.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-12-2014),LoveLivesHere  (13-12-2014),Purple Lily  (13-12-2014),TheGooch  (13-12-2014)