+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It didn't even occur to me to take ours, we already had heaps of blankets. But I've seen so many people post photos on Facebook of their baby in the blanket at home that for a while I wondered if we were supposed to take it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did take loads of maternity pads! And the fancy soaps and lotions in the bathroom (going private in London is like a whole new world).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    The thing people are given from
    SCN and NICU are all designed to be single use items. They're not designed to be reused on other people. People take weird things home from there though. I've seen people take cpap masks, cardiac monitoring chest leads, phototherapy goggles, cord clamps with the stub of cord still attached (gross), BP cuffs etc. I'm sure they all get home find everything 2 months later and wonder why they kept it all haha. Some of it for sure you'd want to keep, but some people will take anything if it touched their baby.

(Mum kept my hip splint for close to 30yrs. Impressive but gross because the plastic had deteriorated and was all sticky and gross)
    The nurses put dd2's phototherapy goggles, her first monitor leads, hearing test muffs and cord clamp in the back pouch of her blue book. I keep forgetting about them til we have an appointment and I open her book up
    I kept her first gumdrop dummy as that was such a significant moment of her journey.
    She was also given Christmas presents and a beautiful cover for her humidicrib, so we have some nice reminders

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've spent a considerable amount of time in hospital with DD. Ward stays...NICU. ..PICU. ... Not one did it occur to me to take the hospital blanket!!!
    I did take a few odd things though. .. The nurse gave me blueies, sucrose (!!!) And her pulse ox toe thingy in case it fitted our monitor at home!

I used to take my own stuff to hospital. .. I wanted it to feel like home!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never did, it was just a blanket, no reminder there of my babies I got their wrist bands and that though as they remind me how small my little ones truly were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way, I can't believe that people would steal baby blankets from the hospital. We mums (including me!) complain about hospitals and maternity wards being underfunded and understaffed, midwives run off their feet, and us mums not getting the help and assistance that we need from them - and then (some) of us mums are going around stealing hospital items! So, what little funding a maternity ward is getting is being spent replacing stolen items. No wonder there is no money left for staffing! That's terrible. I do hate people stealing in general though - but it seems almost like stealing from a charity or something, you're taking resources that are greatly needed by other people.

On a side note, I've recently realised that its a 'done thing' to steal the bunnings kid-sized trolleys that they give your kids to push around in store!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I posted a picture of my DD on FB and she was covered one of the fleecy striped hospital blankets and a number of people commented that they had taken their blankets from hospital too....only thing is I hadn't taken mine, I'd gotten it from Big W because it looked nice and warm and DD was born in winter in a cold cold climate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have one from when DS was born the nurse wrapped him up in it when we were leaving and said to take it with us. So yea I do have one but no I didn't "borrow" it

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't take anything like a blanket. If I had wanted to keep dd's first blanket I would have taken in my own receiving blanket. The anesthetist gave dh the tube clamp thing from my epidural.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, no, I have no need to steal a blanket that is stamped with Queensland Health!