+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep she said exactly that 'take whatever is not bolted down'. I don't think she meant the cot or anything like that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I think I ended up with a couple from dd1 somehow. I still have them now. She must have come home wrapped in them or they got mixed up with our stuff. I can't remember.

We have quite a few things from dd2 stay in hospital. Her beanies, knitted nicu cardigan, tiny blood pressure cuff, a nicu security blanket that was given to all nicu babies during her stay and a few other things I think. I questioned all the stuff they handed us on her discharge and was told it belonged to her as part of her stay in nicu and I could keep it as a memento or throw it out. I think she was given the hospital blanket, from the transfer hospital, she was wrapped in as well. I can't remember. We may have taken our own though.

I was given quite a few striped blankets for dd1 that were definitely brand new in their packaging. I do remember the hospital dd1 was born at also had the same ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope didnt take it with any of mine. I took my own to hospital and used them though once we were back on the ward. The only thing I ever took was the beanie for dd3, because it was a gift from the birth centre volunteers- and even then I double checked with my midwife before we left lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know at our local hospital people will steal towels, pillows and the bath gowns that the private patients get. Blows me away that people steal the bassinets - those things cost $2k!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The last thing I wanted was anything that even vaguely reminded me of hospital. I loathe hospitals and cannot wait to get home TBH. I don't sleep, neither did any of my babies. I wouldn't have dreamed of taking anything that reminded me of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I think I ended up with a couple from dd1 somehow. I still have them now. She must have come home wrapped in them or they got mixed up with our stuff. I can't remember.

We have quite a few things from dd2 stay in hospital. Her beanies, knitted nicu cardigan, tiny blood pressure cuff, a nicu security blanket that was given to all nicu babies during her stay and a few other things I think. I questioned all the stuff they handed us on her discharge and was told it belonged to her as part of her stay in nicu and I could keep it as a memento or throw it out. I think she was given the hospital blanket, from the transfer hospital, she was wrapped in as well. I can't remember. We may have taken our own though.

I was given quite a few striped blankets for dd1 that were definitely brand new in their packaging. I do remember the hospital dd1 was born at also had the same ones.
    I can understand bubs who have been in nicu or scn where you're allowed to take home those things Nothing wrong with taking home things that you're allowed to have.

So many people pinch things. My midwife was saying people take towels, gowns, pillows, bassinettes, thermometers These are all things the hospital will have to replace at some point.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (30-10-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Someone gave me a bag of hand me downs and a hospy blanket was in the mix. Tbh i think they're ugly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope. The thought never even entered my head.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

adeline14  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Honestly I wanted to take the blanket but my conscious wouldn't let me. I did take her beanie and gown home because a friend popped it in my bag knowing I wanted them for mementos but wouldn't have the guts to take them home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I was a first time mum I thought the blanket looked so cute and asked my mum if I get to keep it, thinking it was something the hospital gave you. I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't keep it, but there's no way I'd ever think of stealing one!