+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have the Hi-Liner and I love it. We put DD into it when she turned 4 as she's tall and was at least 18kg. If you do go a booster that uses the cars lap-sash belt, make sure that it has an adjustable seatbelt guide plus an anti-submarine clip. Very few have the latter, which surprises me as I've seen many kids slumping down into their seats just in normal travel without the clip there. She's always sat very securely in it and by 4 could be trusted not to release the belt (same can't be said for her cousin at that age!). You know your child, if they're likely to muck about in a booster then invest in a bigger harnessed seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    I would not put a 4 year old in a booster, they're not mature enough to sit safely in a booster and an inbuilt harness is far safer. Also don't use a booster (like the Hi-Liner) with an add-on harness, it's not the same thing and they're no longer recommend.

As for seats, the Comfi Caprice is a fabulous seat and I highly recommend it! However, if the budget allows it I would recommend the new Evolve over the Comfi. It harnesses 6cm higher than the Comfi, has an adjustable headrest (no need to rethread straps) and the recline is awesome.
    I've been looking at the Evolve, it looks great. Being able to harness for as long as possible really appeals to me. I need two seats though so unsure if I want to spend double the money at this time of year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is almost 6 and is still harnessed in her infasecure Rallye so if you don't have the money for an evolve then definitely get one like the Raylle/Comfi they are comfortable and high high harnessing markers. When my daughter outgrows her Rallye she'll then got into an evolve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    We have the Hi-Liner and I love it. We put DD into it when she turned 4 as she's tall and was at least 18kg. If you do go a booster that uses the cars lap-sash belt, make sure that it has an adjustable seatbelt guide plus an anti-submarine clip. Very few have the latter, which surprises me as I've seen many kids slumping down into their seats just in normal travel without the clip there. She's always sat very securely in it and by 4 could be trusted not to release the belt (same can't be said for her cousin at that age!). You know your child, if they're likely to muck about in a booster then invest in a bigger harnessed seat.
    The ASC is patened to Britax, all other boosters have it built into the design of the booster (which a lot of kids prefer). All Australian boosters and convertible must have an anti-sub design whether it's built in or a clip.

Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    I've been looking at the Evolve, it looks great. Being able to harness for as long as possible really appeals to me. I need two seats though so unsure if I want to spend double the money at this time of year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Could you stretch an Evolve for the everyday car and a Comfi for the car your're not in as often?

Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate to be *that* person but keeping them in an inbuilt harness is much safer. If ever there something to spend money on I think this is it. You will never need to buy another car seat again. I just really think it's worth the money. I had two maxiriders that my very large 3yo had reached the booster seat line on. I'm not ok with using a belt on a 3yo so these new seats come out just in time! I have a Rallye too and she has a while left before she reaches the line on that thankfully. I have already bought two evolves and will need a third when she outgrows the Rallye. Then in a couple of years I will need another 3 for DD2!!!

I paid $380 for mine, shop around to get a good deal. Maybe let DD pick her own colour? DD1 wanted pink but it would show the dirt too much. So we settled on purple and it looks great.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 123cm tall and still in a 5pt harness in the Babylove Ezi Combo, it's a great seat and not that expensive.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post: