+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Booster seat help please!

Hi everyone!!

I need some help with picking a booster seat for our 4 year old. DD has just hit 18kg and is currently in a Safe and Sound Meridian that she's been in since birth. Her shoulders are at the marker and now she's hit 18kg its time to move up to a booster. I want something on par with the Meridian in terms of safety, what is the best booster available or that you guys recommend? Will she still use a harness or are boosters only used with a regular seat belt? Sorry I am a bit out of the 'booster seat loop' lol...safety is my priority so don't mind spending money on something that will last.

I've looked at the hi-liner or the maxi - rider so far. I am mainly confused about the seat belt part, if they still use harnesses or just lap belts.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you 😊

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 30-10-2014 at 11:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or the infasecure comfy caprice? Any recommendations? ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Maxi Rider uses the harness and then converts to using the seatbelt. Not sure how it all exactly works as DD is only 2.5 so uses the harness and the insert. Then I believe when they are bigger you use the seatbelt and it takes them through to the end of needing to be in a seat/booster. Might be worth reading up on Britax site or ducking into a baby store.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend the infa rallye. It's cheap but has high height markers, so you can keep your dd in the inbuilt harness longer, which is obviously safer.

If you get one, post a pic and I can tell you whether it has the old or new markers. They changed the markers fairly recently so if you get the old markers, you can still use to the spot that the new markers allow if that makes sense. There is no difference in the shell and infa have confirmed this is perfectly fine to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend the maxi rider.
    Dd went from the meridian to that and now shes in the hi-liner.
    The seats now are height based so it will depend on whether your childs shoulders are within the maxi rider height markers for either harness or seat belt.

The britax websitd explains it better than I can

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They have new type G car seats now to keep them in an inbuilt harness to 8 years old. Infasecure evolve (I have this one), and Britax have one too but I can't remember what it's called. Lots of pretty colours in the infasecure range . They range $380-$500ish, with the lower price being infasecure on sale, and the higher price being the britax one (not sure on exact price just know it's high $400s).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone recommend the infasecure comfi caprice or the safe n sound hi liner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Can anyone recommend the infasecure comfi caprice or the safe n sound hi liner?

The comfi caprice is great. It depends what your budget it and also how often your dd sleeps in the car. The comfi caprice is basically a more deluxe version of the rallye (colours, removable padding etc). You can often pick the rallye or one of it's versions (different names at different stores) up for around $115 while the comfi caprice is obviously more. They both have the same height markers so if you want the plush version with the extra padding, go the comfi, otherwise the rallye is a perfectly good choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not put a 4 year old in a booster, they're not mature enough to sit safely in a booster and an inbuilt harness is far safer. Also don't use a booster (like the Hi-Liner) with an add-on harness, it's not the same thing and they're no longer recommend.

As for seats, the Comfi Caprice is a fabulous seat and I highly recommend it! However, if the budget allows it I would recommend the new Evolve over the Comfi. It harnesses 6cm higher than the Comfi, has an adjustable headrest (no need to rethread straps) and the recline is awesome.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend the hi-liner only if your child is too tall to use the inbuilt harness in a maxi rider

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app