+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am sorry you are experiencing this. It is absoloutely not ok to be treated that way and is so disrespectful. I would not put up with being treated like a door mat. Sounds like he needs to get into the 21st century - and on your team. If he doesn't, I'd be seriously considering kicking his @ss to the kerb. You deserve much better and your dd deserves a better role model of a father than that. hugs x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (30-10-2014),SpecialK  (30-10-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In all honesty i could never ever tolerate being treated that way.

You deserve so much better.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (30-10-2014),Purple Lily  (30-10-2014),SpecialK  (30-10-2014),Wise Enough  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    BubblesK,

Wow. Reading your post made me feel so strongly for you. Your husband is not acting the way a caring, loving partner should. He does realize that your daughter is his responsibility also?

My DP cares for DD as often as I do. She studies full time at uni and has a congenital heart condition that is classified as a long-term disability. I do most of the housework but she does chores that I don't, like cooking dinners, doing the dishes, feeding animals, making the bed, groceries and tidying up after herself and DD. She will do any job that I ask her to like vacuuming or sweeping but won't unless asked to.

She drives an hour to and from uni and almost daily takes DD from me so that I can have a rest, go to the gym or watch tv. She showers DD and makes dinner and if I'm having a tough time she will put DD to bed.

She NEVER asks how much I've done because she knows that looking after the baby is a full time job that consumes every minute of every day. She considers herself lucky if I get a MOMENT to mop the floors. She would rather I spent the day with DD not cleaning.

It drives me CRAZY when people say that your period and hormones are the things making you cranky - it couldn't possibly be their rude and oblivious behaviour!?

It sounds like you are doing more than an incredible job! You are a stay at home mum finding time to clean, look after animals, cook dinners AND do the accounts! Yes, a full time job is really hard but at least he can leave work at work. It's not like you get any time off! You're all call all day and night.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (30-10-2014),Mad84  (30-10-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (30-10-2014),SpecialK  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would leave now while its just aggression your dealing with. Its no good for your dd to see you being treated like that. He is so ungrateful. When u leave he will realise how u did everything for him and maybe give him a wakeup call

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (30-10-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Maybe you should go to your mums for a few days now, not wait until he insults you again? Its not on, its not a nice environment for you or your child. Has he always been like this or is it a recent thing? Is he unhappy with his job and thats why he is feeling resentful? I am in no way making excuses for him - what he is doing is unacceptable. Just wondering why he is doing it.
    We have DD's first birthday party on this weekend.
    Too much time, effort and money have done into it, if I walk this week he out of spite would cancel the party.

He totally hates his job with a passion. Which I think is why he is so cranky but he has no skills for anything else and makes a decent wage from it.
    If he was to do other work we probably couldn't afford to make ends meet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally unacceptable you do more in one day than I do in 3 and my hubby never questions if I bludged the day away.

Maybe have a proper chat and let him know you are feeling belittled and put down. That you are not going to speak that way or let your daughter grow up thinking it's ok to e spoken to that way.

If he does it again then I would leave for a few days to let him know you are serious.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hating his job is no excuse for the way he speaks and treats you.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

adeline14  (30-10-2014),Chillies  (30-10-2014),Jodes35  (30-10-2014),SpecialK  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to reply later when I get the chance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Hating his job is no excuse for the way he speaks and treats you.
    I wasnt saying it for an excuse, i was just trying to work out what the source of his aggression.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Totally unacceptable you do more in one day than I do in 3 and my hubby never questions if I bludged the day away.

Maybe have a proper chat and let him know you are feeling belittled and put down. That you are not going to speak that way or let your daughter grow up thinking it's ok to e spoken to that way.

If he does it again then I would leave for a few days to let him know you are serious.
    I can't speak to him, he is never wrong, I am always at fault. He never validates my feelings.