+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default FTB part A and B

Prior to having our third child we were receiving FTB part B. I've noticed we are no longer getting Part B, we are getting part A instead. Does this sound right? Can you receive only one or the other, not both? Perhaps someone can shed some light while I continue to get through to centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Part B is only for Single income families (or where one partner earns less than about $6000 - can't remember the exact number off the top of my head). Part A is based on whole family income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Part b as pp stated is an additional payment for single income or where one partner earns less than 20k roughly. (You get a reduced amount over 6k). So either you are entitled to part A or both part A and B.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Now I could be wrong...but my sil is receiving ppl and only gets ftb part A, she's a single mother. Are you receiving ppl? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you receiving paid parental leave?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you were previously getting part B, you would have been getting some amount of part A as well.
    As pp's have said, part B is for single income or low secondary income families. If you're receiving PPL or have updated your yearly income estimate to over the threshold for part B ($20ish K), that may explain why you're no longer receiving part B.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now I'm really confused. I have never received income as low as some of you have mentioned nor are we a single income family at the moment and I am not yet on ppl from the government, I am receiving ppl from my employer. We have never received both part A and B previously. We were previously receiving part B but since baby was born we no longer receive part B, we are now receiving part A. Our estimated income for this financial year is $100,000.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    2 parent family

If you are a 2 parent family in which your primary earner has an annual adjusted taxable income of more than $150,000 you will not be eligible for FTB Part B. This is regardless of the lower income of the other parent.
    If the primary earner’s income is at or below this limit, FTB Part B will be assessed on the basis of the second earner’s income. Secondary earners can earn up to $5,329 each year before it affects the rate of FTB Part B.
    Payments are reduced by 20 cents for each dollar of income earned over $5,329.
    If you are the secondary earner and your partner earns $150,000 or less, you can still get some FTB Part B if your income is below:
    • $27,065 a year, if your youngest child is under 5 years of age, or
    • $21,043 a year, if your youngest child is 5 - 18 years of age
    You and your partner cannot receive FTB Part B during a Parental Leave Pay period, but it may be paid after the Paid Parental Leave period ends.
    We will automatically adjust your payments to avoid or reduce a projected FTB overpayment. This applies to you if you get your payment in fortnightly instalments.
    From the centrelink site. Guess the payment could always be a stuff up on their part, it wouldn't be out of the usual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can definitely get either both or only 1. Works out well when 2nd income earner earns zero cause you get full amount. Go on the online rate estimate and see if figures are correct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    You can definitely get either both or only 1. Works out well when 2nd income earner earns zero cause you get full amount. Go on the online rate estimate and see if figures are correct.
    Whoops, you're right. I thought the cut off for ftb A was also 150k.