+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Yes that is correct. Acyclovir is an antiviral. Not an antibiotic.
    Right, got you. Because I wrote antibiotic instead of antiviral instead of just realising what I meant to say and letting it go you wanted to point out my error and big note yourself. Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the blood taken this morning to check immunity to chicken pox as well as all the pre-pregancy tests. Also to make sure I'm not pregnant yet. I won't get the results until Sunday now which is frustrating, but I have no choice.

Thank you all for your support. I know I am also to blame for not doing this earlier but didn't even think of it until this all started. I am still annoyed at my boss & co-worker for keeping it from me, I feel it is negligence to not inform staff of possible infection to contagious diseases. I can only hope I have natural immunity & don't need any top ups so I don't miss this cycle for ttc. If I do I guess I will just have to wait until the new year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Right, got you. Because I wrote antibiotic instead of antiviral instead of just realising what I meant to say and letting it go you wanted to point out my error and big note yourself. Congratulations
    Errmmm... actually, I posted because of the very common misconception that antibiotics are a cure-all, including for viruses (antibiotics for the common cold, anyone?). Overuse of antibiotics is concerning and causes health problems for our population. If anyone ever suggests that someone gets antibiotics for a virus, yes, I correct them, not to big note myself, but to attempt to save yet another unnecessary script.

Hope everything is ok OP, I'm sure it will be.
    Last edited by CMF; 13-11-2014 at 20:25.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (14-11-2014),GlitterFarts  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Errmmm... actually, I posted because of the very common misconception that antibiotics are a cure-all, including for viruses (antibiotics for the common cold, anyone?). Overuse of antibiotics is concerning and causes health problems for our population. If anyone ever suggests that someone gets antibiotics for a virus, yes, I correct them, not to big note myself, but to attempt to save yet another unnecessary script.

Hope everything is ok OP, I'm sure it will be.
    Given that she would need her GP to prescribe them I imagine that the OP wouldn't be prescribed an antibiotic unnecessarily because some random on the internet wrote antibiotic instead of antiviral. Lets give GP's some credit. I know that there are some dodgy ones out there but I'm sure they know the difference between an antibiotic and an antiviral. If you were so concerned you could have just asked in the first place if I meant antiviral, instead of the comments that you made, or just did what another pp did, and simply stated the antiviral that is used with chickenpox.
    Perhaps if your aim is to simply correct you could do it a bit more matter of factly. I've been living on nowhere near enough sleep for the last couple of weeks and didn't even click on what you were getting at until you quoted me with my quick google search. Before that I just assumed you had no idea (as a lot of people don't)...so you didn't really get your point across very well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    I think CMF was just trying to agree with your post and clear that up for the OP since "antibiotic" was mentioned a couple of times by a couple of people.
    Really...you think 'Herpes and Chickenpox are viruses ' is CMF trying to agree with me and clear up my post? I don't see that at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Really...you think 'Herpes and Chickenpox are viruses ' is CMF trying to agree with me and clear up my post? I don't see that at all.
    I think maybe just let it go. You seem to be getting upset over semantics. Are you okay?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (14-11-2014),CMF  (13-11-2014),GlitterFarts  (13-11-2014),sky1  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I think maybe just let it go. You seem to be getting upset over semantics. Are you okay?
    I will let it go but I do have the right to reply and say 'hey I'm not buying it.' And yes I'm fine, it just bugs me when people pretend like they are just trying to clear things up when they do it with that element of smugness. I am studying/working in an industry that is interesting to a lot of people...when they talk about certain things and they've used the wrong terminology but I know what they mean I either let it go or correct them (depending on importance). Another pp cleared it up without the element of smugness that reads (or at least can be read) in CMF's posts. I was letting the OP know there are medications to stop the cp virus from getting too bad if she gets it, I'm sure her GP could figure out what she meant if she did say antibiotic and could prescribe the right medication if it's required.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back on topic ...
    OP at least 1 benefit is you got your pre pregnancy bloods drawn. These are great starting point records. Good luck with ttc and we may be in the same dig

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

poochella  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got results back last night. No immunity to chickenpox unfortunately. Decided to get the vaccine however it's in two parts, six weeks apart and have to wait 3 months after the second one to TTC. That was pretty dissapointing for DH and I. Means we can't ttc until late March, but due to O, probably not until April now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poochella View Post
    Got results back last night. No immunity to chickenpox unfortunately. Decided to get the vaccine however it's in two parts, six weeks apart and have to wait 3 months after the second one to TTC. That was pretty dissapointing for DH and I. Means we can't ttc until late March, but due to O, probably not until April now.
    I believe the wait time is only 28 days now from a thread a little while ago. But @BubblesK would be able to confirm as she knows all about them (think she works in the field).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (16-11-2014)