+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poochella View Post
    I just found out my co-worker did catch it & has been ill for 3 days, she has not been at work. I feel really betrayed for her not telling me as I told her to text me even if she got symptoms. I am going to the doctors tonight to get the blood test for immunity. We have already been ttc as my co-worker told me that the doc said if she had not shown symptoms yet (not long after my OP) then she wouldn't get it. Pfft!
    That is so selfish of your co-worker good luck at the doctors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Why don't you just go see your Dr & get a blood test to check your immunity? Put your mind at ease - you may already have sufficient levels...

Also just because your co workers child has CP, doesn't mean that she has it or that she will be passing it on. If on the other hand she does come down with CP, then I'd be staying away as a precaution.

I wouldn't get too stressed otherwise!
    That's the problem she does have it.

My only hope is that the blood test comes back & I am naturally immune.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Also just because your co workers child has CP, doesn't mean that she has it or that she will be passing it on.
    OP has updated to say that her co-worker did catch it
    (and as posted earlier in the thread, a person can be contagious up to 5 days before the rash appears)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    That is so selfish of your co-worker good luck at the doctors!
    Yep, agreed. Good luck with the blood test OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah sorry didn't see that one before I posted! My bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very selfish and rude of co workers. For those who think chicken pox is a simple infection thats not dangerous need to do more research I don't want my daughter catching it all if we can help it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no op I hope all is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by poochella View Post
    That's the problem she does have it.

My only hope is that the blood test comes back & I am naturally immune.
    What do you mean your only hope? Time to sit back and relax. Chances are even if you get the pox you're not pregnant and there's nothing to worry about.

On a side note I think this is a lesson learned that people need the blood tests to check immunity before ttc. And I say this as a woman that found myself in a similar predicament to you as I didn't do the blood tests early enough (yes I was scared ****less too..!).
    Last edited by VicPark; 12-11-2014 at 18:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found out my boss told my Co-workers not to tell me. Unbelievable. At the doctors now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck. If you're not pregnant and you do get it you can get antibiotics used to treat herpes (I think) that really helps with the chicken pox as an adult so you don't get a severe case.
    I had CP at 20 and the worst part was the killer headache in the three days before the spots started appearing. It was quite mild and fine really. Then a cousin got them (not from me) and was really sick at first but got the herpes medication (cost a decent amount) and was all good.
    I can understand your worry, but as you're not pregnant yet and have been waiting for ages, you really had heaps of time to get your immunity checked and organise vaccinations for yourself. So whilst your co-worker has done the wrong thing, you kind of need to kick yourself up the backside a bit too. But don't stress...it will most likely be fine and just a lesson learnt. If it is worrying you so much and you aren't immune and aren't pregnant then delay ttc for a month and get yourself vaccinated so you don't go through this stress again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Good luck. If you're not pregnant and you do get it you can get antibiotics used to treat herpes (I think) that really helps with the chicken pox as an adult so you don't get a severe case.
    CP and herpes are viruses.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

sky1  (13-11-2014)