+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Yes i know its more serious in adults. My point was i havent got it yet and im in my 30s and been exposed many times. Since the op hasnt had it yet and shes an adult, has most likely been exposed before and hasnt actually come in direct contact with someone who has it, its possible she wont get it. Just trying to reasure the OP that she should be fine.
    You may have had a mild case at some point

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definately have a chat with your gp. I guess another concern is if you are exposed to cp by somebody else once you have conceived too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies ladies, I'm at work & spraying Glen 20 like a mad woman. Does anyone know if it is still safe to have the chicken pox vaccine this close to ttc? I worry that if it is really dangerous to get the pox when your pregnant, what about having the vaccine in my system? I have already put ttc off for such a long time, I don't really want to delay it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Varilrix can be given post exposure as prophylaxis.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1414644261.622520.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by poochella View Post
    Does anyone know if it is still safe to have the chicken pox vaccine this close to ttc? I worry that if it is really dangerous to get the pox when your pregnant, what about having the vaccine in my system?
    I believe @BubblesK worked as an Infection Control Nurse and is very knowledgeable about vaccinations

EDIT: Ah, beat me to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @sky1

Ideally you need to wait one month pox chicken pox vax b4 TTC.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

poochella  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out my co-worker did catch it & has been ill for 3 days, she has not been at work. I feel really betrayed for her not telling me as I told her to text me even if she got symptoms. I am going to the doctors tonight to get the blood test for immunity. We have already been ttc as my co-worker told me that the doc said if she had not shown symptoms yet (not long after my OP) then she wouldn't get it. Pfft!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Try not to worry, chances are you won't get pregnant the first month anyway. Go see your doctor. If you do get it then just delay ttc for a month or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so rude of your coworker. Hope the doctor fives you good news & your clear to continue ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why don't you just go see your Dr & get a blood test to check your immunity? Put your mind at ease - you may already have sufficient levels.

You should do this anyway if your planning on ttc. There are other things you need to be vaccinated against. Speaking from experience, I didn't get a blood test before falling pregnant & turned out I had no immunity to Rubella (German measles). So besides my Dr giving me a serving, I spent the first 3 months having to be extremely careful!

Also just because your co workers child has CP, doesn't mean that she has it or that she will be passing it on. If on the other hand she does come down with CP, then I'd be staying away as a precaution.

I wouldn't get too stressed otherwise!