+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    If it's a secured loan and the rego is in your name and the car needs to be repossessed they can still take it . That's why you should do a revs check when buying a car to make sure there is no outstanding finance.
    It was brought by him from a dealership? Will check the paperwork tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I'm sorry that it's come to this. I would definitely recommend speaking to someone at Centrelink directly. It's great that he is so willing to support his girls. However, these things can change in the twinkling of an eye ie you repartner and he resents it, he develops a gambling addiction and spends the car etc. It's best to protect yourself from the start.

If he's willing to pay anything I would get it all done formally anyway. It shouldn't bother him if he is genuinely wanting to pay his way.

Also, I'd ring Centrelink as soon as possible and update your relationship status as they will backdate any payments to your initial call.
    Thanks @harvs. Yeah I totally get what a lot of you are saying regarding a formal agreement etc. Guess I was hoping after we split last time he has grown up and actually sticks to his word. Better to be safe though.

Im not in a huge rush to go to centrelink- he is rarely home anyway and while I know I could claim SPP while still living under the same roof, the stuffing around having to get proof etc hardly seems worth it when we can continue how we are atm. We are still getting along, just not in a relationship as such. He is free to do what he wants, as am I. And when he is home he does his own thing and I do mine. Im still in charge of the money (his pay goes into my account), so nothing in that respect will be changing yet. I wont be moving out until the new year- our lease expires and we have planned to move towns anyway and as I said he isnt home very much anyway. I remember from last time I had to prove I wasnt financially dependant on him while living under the same roof after we split, and it hardly seems worth it for such a short time until the move anyway.

It probably sounds silly but I think we both remember the mistakes we made last time we split and are able to deal with it all a lot better. He knows what I am doing, we had a massive talk last night. He is in agreement that there's no point changing things financially until we have too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app