+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Centrelink

Just wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of what the amount I would be eligible for from centrelink on SPP and family tax etc? I have 4 kids.

Trying to look at finances and work out my best plan of attack.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry no advice but just wanted to pass on my hugs that you are having to look into this. 😔

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Sonja. I have felt like its the best option for a while, then all his health issues came up and I couldnt bring myself to do it while he was going through that. Things have been ok between us, probably the best they have ever been, but there are some underlying issues that I just cant deal with any more and I need to do whats best for me for once. I actually feel relieved tbh.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

harvs  (30-10-2014),~Marigold~  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With the CS, dh has said that he will keep paying the car payments (in his name), but I will be the one with the car as I will have the kids with me most of the time. Could we say we have a private arrangement and count the car payment as CS payment instead of him actually giving money?

I suppose one good thing is we both know its coming, and we are able to keep things civil. We have spoken about it and his main thing is he wants to make sure the kids are looked after so has voluntarily said that he will help financially with anything for them. The kids are his world and I know he will do what ever he can to make sure they have everything they need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think I might just go and have a chat to centrelink. I remember from last time CS said we can count payments for school etc in lieu of child support payments, still has to be declared as payment but its not him giving me money (hope that makes sense!!). Think my best option would be to just call and check though.

One thing im not sure about is the % of care- he works away on no set roster so the amount of time he has the kids can change all the time- like he might be away for 3 or 4 weeks then home for 4 days (he would have kids on his days off), then gone for 2 weeks and home for a week etc.... so its hard to know how much care he will have.

Last edited by SheWarrior; 29-10-2014 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    With the CS, dh has said that he will keep paying the car payments (in his name), but I will be the one with the car as I will have the kids with me most of the time. Could we say we have a private arrangement and count the car payment as CS payment instead of him actually giving money?

I suppose one good thing is we both know its coming, and we are able to keep things civil. We have spoken about it and his main thing is he wants to make sure the kids are looked after so has voluntarily said that he will help financially with anything for them. The kids are his world and I know he will do what ever he can to make sure they have everything they need.

Hun that is a very dangerous arrangement.
    What your saying is that he is going to pay his car (in his name) instead of paying you support.
    And then Lend you that car. As it will still be in his name and he could take it back at any time.

You are entitled to get half of the assets even though you have been working. You need to seek legal advice before agreeing to any private arrangement.

Remember Centre link can be really tough on you when you agree to a amount lower than what they say you should get.

Mega hugs.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (30-10-2014),sky1  (29-10-2014),VicPark  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Hun that is a very dangerous arrangement.
    What your saying is that he is going to pay his car (in his name) instead of paying you support.
    And then Lend you that car. As it will still be in his name and he could take it back at any time.

You are entitled to get half of the assets even though you have been working. You need to seek legal advice before agreeing to any private arrangement.

Remember Centre link can be really tough on you when you agree to a amount lower than what they say you should get.

Mega hugs.
    As he said, he has no use for the car when he is at work so no point it sitting there doing nothing when I still have to get kids to school etc. If he needs it on his days off he can have it, I wont need it. He is doing it for kids not me and he wants to make sure the kids are taken care of.

I dont want anything, just the basics for the kids like their beds etc. Again, he is pretty good with this and told me take what I want.

I think I would have the opposite issue- getting more than what they say.

I count myself very lucky he is such a wonderful dad and will do whatever is needed to make sure the kids have everything.

Will definitely be talking to centrelink and CSA though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    As he said, he has no use for the car when he is at work so no point it sitting there doing nothing when I still have to get kids to school etc. If he needs it on his days off he can have it, I wont need it. He is doing it for kids not me and he wants to make sure the kids are taken care of.

I dont want anything, just the basics for the kids like their beds etc. Again, he is pretty good with this and told me take what I want.

I think I would have the opposite issue- getting more than what they say.

I count myself very lucky he is such a wonderful dad and will do whatever is needed to make sure the kids have everything.

Will definitely be talking to centrelink and CSA though.

I hear that.

Just at the end of the day he is paying off his asset and that is not paying you support. If he gave you the car and put it in your name only and paid it off than that would be different.

Anyhow hun I wish you the best of luck.

I am not trying to be difficult. I wanted you to see it from a different perspective.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck with everything. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Will you have to move? Or are you staying in the family home with the kids, and he'll be looking for another place?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I hear that.

Just at the end of the day he is paying off his asset and that is not paying you support. If he gave you the car and put it in your name only and paid it off than that would be different.

Anyhow hun I wish you the best of luck.

I am not trying to be difficult. I wanted you to see it from a different perspective.
    I know and its very much appreciated. I didnt think I would be able to put it my name as I have no income etc? Definitely something I will look into.