+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Credit Reports and something on it that I don't recall :(

Hi,

We're currently in the process of getting a new family car and I got both of our credit reports yesterday. All was good on DH's and mine except for on mine in the other-file access part at the end (can't be seen by anyone but me & veda) there was an entry for the 30th of June 2014 by ACM GROUP NB. I can figure out why someone would have accessed my file around then and I'm wondering why they did. My bills are always paid on time and there are no other entries in any other sections such as a credit enquiry. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be there. It isn't on DH's file either which would be a bit strange because everything is always in joint names??? I'm a bit puzzled Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I'm not really sure but that date is the end of the financial year so it could have something to do with them settling an account as they are a debt collection company. It would be best to contact them to see exactly what's going on and if it's correct.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Ready To Run  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    ^^this

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Sorry I'm not really sure but that date is the end of the financial year so it could have something to do with them settling an account as they are a debt collection company. It would be best to contact them to see exactly what's going on and if it's correct.
    Just did a quick google on ACM Group and they are debt collection agency who handle things like overdue credit cards, phone bills, etc. So it must have been something like this. If you've never had an overdue bill then I'd be questioning why they accessed it. No-one is allowed to access your credit report without reason.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have contacted ACM Group and they have no record of me or having accessed my file. Like I said it's not anything that can be seen by anyone I apply for credit with however they have accessed it. So they gave me VEDA's number and I called them and they said there is nothing more they can tell me and that ACM Group would need to tell me the reason and to call them. So I have just called them back and they have no reasoning for me and can't tell me why my file was accessed because I'm simply not on their record. So I'm quite puzzled???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Can you ask them to confirm address etc? Perhaps there is someone with the same name they are chasing

Sent from my GT-I9195 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    Just did a quick google on ACM Group and they are debt collection agency who handle things like overdue credit cards, phone bills, etc. So it must have been something like this. If you've never had an overdue bill then I'd be questioning why they accessed it. No-one is allowed to access your credit report without reason.

I have done the same search. We don't have a credit card and the only other bills we have are rent, phone, power & things like our rego which wouldn't come into it. I'm quite diligent with our finances and budgeting and everything is always paid before the due date. I credit money off my phone & power bill every fortnight and they always are in credit when the bill arrives. Our rent is 2 weeks in advance. I simply don't understand. My credit rating is very good so I shouldn't even care but I was just wondering why that is all. Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready To Run View Post
    I have contacted ACM Group and they have no record of me or having accessed my file. Like I said it's not anything that can be seen by anyone I apply for credit with however they have accessed it. So they gave me VEDA's number and I called them and they said there is nothing more they can tell me and that ACM Group would need to tell me the reason and to call them. So I have just called them back and they have no reasoning for me and can't tell me why my file was accessed because I'm simply not on their record. So I'm quite puzzled???

If they aren't telling you and you would like to find out why (which you have every right) you may need to put it in writing and attach a copy of a record of them accessing it if that is at all possible. Bit of a hassle though if it's not really bothering you.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Ready To Run  (29-10-2014),VicPark  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Can you ask them to confirm address etc? Perhaps there is someone with the same name they are chasing

Sent from my GT-I9195 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm thinking that may possibly be the case but they don't seem to have any record of my name to possibly they were looking for someone else and spelled their name slightly wrong or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready To Run View Post
    I'm thinking that may possibly be the case but they don't seem to have any record of my name to possibly they were looking for someone else and spelled their name slightly wrong or something.
    We have had something happen very similar telstra hassling is sending us bills with Lappy as surname and they said oh well just pay it um no it's not our surname!!!! It's spelt different lol. Our mortgage guy says do checks with VEDA came back clear and was fine

16. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post: