+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What options are out there?

Hi all, after several unsuccessful IVF attempts my partner and I are in the very early stages of considering whether we might look for an egg donor. Due to my age we don't want to wait many months in the hope of finding an altruistic donor in Australia, on the assumption that's another long and hard road? Would appreciate a rundown on the various options open to us and an idea on cost, how quickly it can happen and what is involved (eg buy from world egg bank and have shipped, vs what is involved in terms of timing if you travel overseas for donor eggs). I'm interested in anyone's experience of world egg bank as our current clinic is linked with this. I also have little idea about "success rates" from frozen or fresh eggs. Any help is very gratefully received!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Egg Donation Australia is a great site where you will be able to speak to other women and get lots of information 😄

3. The Following User Says Thank You to capricorn For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Capricorn! I've joined that site but still can't find a good comparison of cost vs success rates for the various options...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chillout,

I put my name on the world egg bank waiting list with Monash in February 2014 . I was number 19, they contacted me in September saying that its my turn, which menas i had to start with counselling, tests ect, so i would not be surprised if i were to go ahead with them i would be still in the process. it is very expensive ( i think the cpst of eggs only around 20K), then you need to pay all other fees assosiated with the cycle, medications, doctors fees, scans etc and the sucsess rate is lower then with fresh eggs .

I replied in the other thread, i went to South Africa. My first appointment with Denise was like 10 of March and i was already on the plane to SA on 10 May, we came back on 25 May with positive pregnancy test. All together the cost including lovely holiday that we had in Cape Town costed us around 20K. I am pregnant with twins

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those who go overseas, how do you get prescriptions for meds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    GP or FS in Au

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS at genea says they can't prescribe the drugs as they can't be seen to be supporting overseas egg donation - unless it is through TWEB!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then go via Dr Bernstein (and Denise). They have been doing this for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm also pregnant with donor eggs from SA. My FS explained the various donor options to me (one of which was TWEB). He then left it to us. He also gave me the scripts I needed with no hesitation.

GP's can prescribe some things but may not be willing without understanding their purpose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR, do you mind telling me who your FS is?