+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default After workout snacks

I go to boot camp every afternoon, once I get home I have dinner but lately later on in the evening when I am sitting down relaxing I get really hungry. Does anyone know of what healthy and filling snacks I could have when I get like this that won't undo all my hard work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the 'filling' part that's hard. Protein makes you feel a little fuller and salady items have low calories but watch what you put on it. You're probably looking at around 200 calories for a small salad with egg/small amount grilled chkn and cottage cheese. Sometimes I go for a few nuts but can't have too many due to calories. It's around 9 calories a nut (depending on the nut of course). Rice crackers are usually around 10-15 calories depending on type. Having an apple as I type one-handed as I haven't had any fruit today yet 70 calories. Also could have carrot/celery/capsicum and hommus (can't remember cals).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My go to is a boiled egg dipped in soy sauce or an apple. Both are really filling for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestions. I actually just read that boiled eggs or jerky are good because they are high in protein so are quiet filling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1414536027.939569.jpg

I actually just found this after some googling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    loodle weren't you doing Isagenix? They have awesome bars. I do the little fibre ones or half of the massive chocolate bar. Pretty nice and really filling for me. Can't beat an egg though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was doing isagenix but after doing boot camp for a few weeks my weight loss plateaued even using the higher protein shakes the weight wasn't coming off so now I am just going with clean eating (well mostly clean) and it seems to be working other then being hungry. I still order the 'want more energy' orange drink though love having that for a boot camp drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I normally just have a protein shake after workout. I use Venom WPI protein, hardly any carbs or fat, just protein. If I feel like I need a sugar hit too, I may have a bit of an apple too, or maybe even mix my protein with a small amount of full fat milk if I need a bit of both fat and sugar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the Orange drink to