+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I too, am not a phone person. Mum usually calls when I've put the kids down at lunch time. Our house is so small that it wakes them up every time. I've asked her not to call then but she doesn't care as it suits her then. When I think of it I take the phone off the hook. It's always awkward talking to mum anyway as she isn't all that interested in what I have to say and will talk over the top of me with what she already has planned for the phone call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryR View Post
    I'm a receptionist so am on the phone a fair bit during the day. I loathe answering the phone at home lol.
    I'm a receptionist too! And yes I'm a bit over talking on the phone by the end of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same, hate talking on the phone. I can only talk to my mum and DH comfortably on the phone and everyone else I prefer text or face to face.
    My dad lives 8hrs away so I do call him but he is just like me and hates talking on the phone so our calls are always short and sweet.

Oddly enough I have worked for years in call centre environments. It's different with customers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depends who it is. Family I'll happily chat to, mostly Mum, my sister, occasionally my dad. If I ring my aunty for my cousins birthdays we'll have a good chat, but because they're interstate it's mostly half a dozen times a year. Friends I don't really call. I have one friend who loves to talk and will often call for the random inane chit chat that so many loathe. More often than not I won't answer her calls because it's not convenient. I'm not talking major inconvenience, but I might be midway through a tv show or something. It doesn't matter if you say you have to go, the convo will still last another 10+mins. (It's worse in person when she's over for dinner or something though because we get "I'm going now" for about half an hour. Doesn't help that she's a real night owl and awake til 12-1am most nights.) I just don't have that much useless stuff to talk about. I'd rather talk to people face to face for a long chat, otherwise text/Facebook messages for quick communication. Plus you can text/message multiple people in a group convo if you're trying to organise something. So much easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a terrible anxiety about talking on the phone. I have had panic attacks when I needed to call someone. The only people I can call with no issues are my husband and my mum. I hate it, I wish I could just pick up the phone and ring people or answer a call without freaking out

[The hubber formerly known as misscheviuz]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    With immediate family I don't mind at all.

With in laws (df's side, not the marriedins on my side) I suffer through it but it almost feels awkward.

Anyone else I HATE it. My own besties don't call me anymore because they know I hate chatting on the phone! I announced my engagement to them all in a joint Facebook private message

I even go so far as to use the Internet to order pizza just so I don't have to order on the phone. I put up with lower quality pizza just for this!
    Haha me too