+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's never too late to try and work things out. We were in the courtroom and talked between us all and worked it out while the judge was sorting another case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also it's almost impossible that he will get full custody of the kids unless you agree to it. But what you will find is that the judge will most definitely rule for joint parental responsibility. Meaning you both have to agree or they will in the event you can't. I would put my money on the judge keeping the kids at the same school- they really dislike the changing of schools as they think it keeps kids more stable. I'd be surprised if they let you change the school just because you want the options for them to do more things at school, they won't see this as a particularly good reason. Not that in saying I agree with this, just saying in my experience with court...

We had to move away from all of our family and friends closer to the kids school as we were given more custody by the judge for diff reasons. They didn't care that we lost family support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats crap. Ill see what happens. I really dislike dealing with my ex. From previous experience he wont compromise at all and he wont listen to anything I have to say inregards to the kids. If it were up to him hed have the kids have nothing to do with me they have a new mother now and shes even introducing herself as my daughters mother. Im just over it the amount of times ive wanted to run away with my kids and never look back but I wont do that to them but if he ever got full custody of them they sure as hell would never be allowed to see me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Op: have you considered the fact that moving away and changing the kids school may not be in 'their' best interests? Not saying this is the case but sometimes we are so close to a situation we can't look at it objectively. Combined with your husbands alleged control issues, perhaps it is best if lawyers get involved and an impartial judge decides..?..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i have and thats why this decision has been a long thought out process. Ive stayed in the area for that exact reason but there are 2 other children that I have to think about as well and while it wasnt any easy decision to come too my partner and I think its best for everyone in our family

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VicPark yep sometimes we are too close to a situation that it is hard to see things clearly, especially when we have to deal with people we have history with and dislike.

My best advice is to ignore all the crap with the new wife. She may introduce herself as that but let me tell you the novelty will wear off and there will most certainly be days when your kids say to her- your not my mum! As much as you will enjoy that, things will be hard for her with respect to some things also.

I am a step mum and the best thing I did was meet for coffee with the bio mum. We don't necessarily like each other but it had helped us respect each other more and my step kids are now less anxious kids as they see us all getting along. It's not to say that's how it is when they are not present as lots still goes down from time to time but they think we do which is all that's important.

There is a book called "no-ones the b!tch" and it provided so much insight. Have faith that you are the mum but that the dad and yes his new wife as well as your dp all need to make decisions together. Though don't let it stop you moving but accept its your responsibility to work things out to get the kids to and from the same school. And join music or sports programs after school. He may well have valid reasons for not wanting to change.

The court process to just get to a hearing was $30000, if it goes to trial it will be $80000+.