+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH just called me when he finished work and i broke down in tears and told how i am feeling about it all. He surprisingly said to me he has been thinking about it since i brought it up last night and he agrees with me that the dog is not showing good signs. He said himself that that's how their other dog stared off before it went real bad and started attacking people.

So he is going to call his mum now to tell her if they are able to help us out then it will have to be at our house, where DS will be most comfortable anyways ... or otherwise we'll have to rely on someone else. Will be interesting what they say. I am more comfortable with laboring on my own than to have my son at their house, and ill be wondering the whole time if he is safe. Screw that!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (28-10-2014),CompareTheMeerkat  (28-10-2014),Starfish30  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so so much all for helping me trust my own instincts.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (28-10-2014),KitiK  (30-10-2014),M'LadyEm  (28-10-2014),TheGooch  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad your Dh is agreeing with you now.
    I'm quite a softy with my inlaws, but when it comes to the safety of my kids, a different side of me opens up.
    Like mammazilla!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So glad your DH is backing you on this now.
    Too often family pets have mauled children and the first thing that's said is "I never thought the dog would do that". It's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. The consequences could be fatal.
    I can't believe they won't come to your home to collect your DS when you go into labour. If your DH has to run all over the place and maybe miss the birth, he may as well stay home with DS.
    They sound like the classic - offer a favour that's not really a favour - people.

I agree with others, babysitter or friend before these people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the phone call went a lot better than I thought! I think after the last crap they pulled with us they have realised they need to pull their heads out otherwise they wont see their grandson. MIL has said she doesn't agree her dog is an issue (to be expected) but she said they will come and watch DS at our house.... I am in shock. Talk about a 180....

I am in shock my DH was instantly on my side with this but he did admit to me that he is currently reading the books Men are from Mars and women are from Venus, and also another book about Tantra..... so he has learned to respect me as his goddess (his words).... haha love it. We haven't been fighting at all for a while either and now i know why!

So i feel loads better now. I do appreciate them trying to do right by us now... i think they get caught up with putting themselves first every time but the more we stand up to them the more they see things work in other ways rather than it just being about them. I feel much more relaxed now. I honestly wouldn't even bother with them at all but they dote over our DS so much ... they're just dysfunctional but when they're showing effort to trying to change that its hard to cut them off. Especially when we have no other family since my side is waaaaaay worse.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    So glad your DH is backing you on this now.
    Too often family pets have mauled children and the first thing that's said is "I never thought the dog would do that". It's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. The consequences could be fatal.
    I can't believe they won't come to your home to collect your DS when you go into labour. If your DH has to run all over the place and maybe miss the birth, he may as well stay home with DS.
    They sound like the classic - offer a favour that's not really a favour - people.

I agree with others, babysitter or friend before these people.
    Yeah DH said that since he has to drive DS up to their at all hours of the night (if i go into labor at night that is) that he may as well skip that and just stay home with DS to save the stress. That's apparently when MIL said they will come to ours for us now. I wish that could have been said in the beginning!! But ah well, now is better than never i guess. Just as well i spoke up otherwise nothing would have been organised.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (28-10-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why oh why do they have to make it complicated instead of just making it as easy as possible?!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Why oh why do they have to make it complicated instead of just making it as easy as possible?!?!?
    I know... I am still worried about how they will handle it when the time comes as the other night i was having strong braxton hicks and the nurses advised me to go in, so DH called his mum to let her know that they might have to come and collect DS from us as i might be starting labor, and MIL said they are too tired and that DH will have to take DS to them ... and thats when it came about that they didn't want to drive down our way originally. We weren't told with notice, it came about when we thought labor may have started. And if i was in geunine labor, man that would have been a mess around.

So i guess i wont get too relaxed about it as they very well could decide they're not up for the 50 min drive at the very last minute again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely the dog is a big issue. Happy to read that DH is on your side on that now; if not, I would show him some youtube videos about dog's attacks. Sometimes people don't realize how one moment can change life, and there is no going back.
    The best would be sitting at your place, but how reliable they are to actually come?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're going through all this still!
    I know you don't want to bother your friends but have you told any of them about all this and actually asked them? If I knew you IRL I wouldn't hesitate to help you out after hearing all the troubles you've had!
    Are there any hubbers who live near you? You could ask? I know it's not that different to hiring a babysitter, but I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd help you if I could.