+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Do you have any girlfriends you could ask?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    169
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They're not the ones that your DH should be keeping happy, it's you. I would be saying that if they won't stay at your place, you'll have to find other options as you just don't think it's safe.

    I've seen really scary videos on YouTube of people letting their toddlers do stupid things to dogs. Owners need to not only show strong leadership to their dog/s but also be able to read the dogs body language.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

    Happyma  (28-10-2014)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,169
    Thanked
    668
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really don't want to bother friends of mine, they have their own babies and my closest one is currently suffering PND. So no. There's no one else.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Bugger. I would personally be going with a good sitter then.

    Maybe get DH to tell his parents you've changed your mind and if they defo don't want to come to you you're getting a sitter. Might help spur them into action???

    I would also be telling DH to make sure his parents know it's a family decision and he backs you. But that's just me.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    1,303
    Thanked
    2,569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am sure your friends wouldn't see it as a bother.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

    KitiK  (30-10-2014),Starfish30  (28-10-2014),VicPark  (28-10-2014)

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,186
    Thanks
    1,270
    Thanked
    2,594
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP you're definitely not overreacting. My concern is for you. If your in laws are 50min away that's almost a 2hr round trip for your husband. Not only would the risk be that he would miss it, but you might end up having baby at home. I would put your foot down and tell your in laws that you don't give a stuff what they think. This is your son, your baby and your experience. They need to come to you. I know you've had loads of issues with them so I'm actually surprised you're trusting them to look after your DS. You just need to be comfortable with the arrangements!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (28-10-2014),JR03  (28-10-2014)

  10. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,169
    Thanked
    668
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    Bugger. I would personally be going with a good sitter then.

    Maybe get DH to tell his parents you've changed your mind and if they defo don't want to come to you you're getting a sitter. Might help spur them into action???

    I would also be telling DH to make sure his parents know it's a family decision and he backs you. But that's just me.
    I think regardless they're gonna know its just me as everything was all fine to go as they all planned until i went to their house and saw the dog's behavior myself. I just don't get how they all can't read this dogs temperment and body language! I think DH just doesn't want to see it because all he can think about is not missing the birth. I just can't understand how our sons well being should be so neglected. He is selfish, like them. I am dealing with people who are very selfish.

  11. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,169
    Thanked
    668
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    OP you're definitely not overreacting. My concern is for you. If your in laws are 50min away that's almost a 2hr round trip for your husband. Not only would the risk be that he would miss it, but you might end up having baby at home. I would put your foot down and tell your in laws that you don't give a stuff what they think. This is your son, your baby and your experience. They need to come to you. I know you've had loads of issues with them so I'm actually surprised you're trusting them to look after your DS. You just need to be comfortable with the arrangements!
    I know i don't know why i have even considered this either DH has been coming home and persuading me that things are different... blah blah blah and i have trusted him.

    You're right, they need to watch our son here or not at all.

    I do know they are not happy to drive at night time (MIL doesn't drive, FIL is 75) so if i go into labor in the middle of the night we wont have their help at all regardless.

  12. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Not long now for you and bub will be here! So exciting

    How have things been with the inlaws? Are they still holding the mortgage thing over your head? After everything that you have been through with them, after the way your FIL was with your DS, I thought you were cutting them off? I am surprised you are leaving your DS with them to be honest... Add to the past the current dog fiasco then I would rather bother a friend than trust the inlaws.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    BettyW  (28-10-2014),HearMeRoar  (28-10-2014)

  14. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,169
    Thanked
    668
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Not long now for you and bub will be here! So exciting

    How have things been with the inlaws? Are they still holding the mortgage thing over your head? After everything that you have been through with them, after the way your FIL was with your DS, I thought you were cutting them off? I am surprised you are leaving your DS with them to be honest... Add to the past the current dog fiasco then I would rather bother a friend than trust the inlaws.
    They ended up apologising to DH regarding how FIL spoke to DS so DH says anyways. And they have said they want to help us out financially here and there for house stuff, so DH has more or less carried on with them but I haven't been. But then i had this gut instinct urge to go to their new house over the weekend just gone since DH had arranged for DS to be watched when i go into labor ... basically this has been all of DH's doing. Plus he had to help them move house. Its just all stupid and should never even have come to this. I feel so unorganized now.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Bloody inlaws!! So fed up with them!
    By Serenity Love in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21-08-2014, 22:56
  2. I hate my family and inlaws
    By monnie24 in forum Family & Friends
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-07-2014, 08:21
  3. Problem inlaws
    By mummabear90 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 16:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!