+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Family accepting new relationships

I am in a long distance relationship. We have known eachother since beginning of June. Decided to give things a go early September. I fly down every 4wks its worked out to be. I enjoy my time away. Usually my dad or nana will watch kiddo between them. I always make sure they have everything they will require plus more including money.

Dad is chucking the crappa coz he wont come to visit me. There are reasons for that. I dont want him to meet kiddo(7yrs) yet. Wanted to wait a lil longer. I also didnt want him to meet my dad yet either. Was willing for them all to meet new years. Plus i have enjoyed going away for a break every few weeks as i have really needed it.

I am taking kiddo down to Sydney in about 5 or 6wks time as kiddo really wants to go down soon. Have spoken with my boyfriend about bringing kiddo down and we are gonna organise a fantastic weekend down there when i take him down(night in the city, beaches etc). Will be a weekend to remember but just a fair bit of planning as BF will need time off work as he is now working on weekends. So kiddo will meet him before i originally intended on it happening.

My dad is chucking a huge wobbley over it all. He doesnt understand why i am making him wait before he flys up to see me.

Long distance is bloody hard and i am struggling with the distance but he plans on moving up to Brisbane in the first half of next year which is all good by me. Its just easier if he moves instead of me(perm job, kiddo in school where he is just casual at work and no other committments keeping him in Sydney)

I just want dad to be happy for me. Well actually i want everyone to be happy for me.

I am heading back this weekend as an opportunity arose and i took the chance to go back down(friday arvo til sometime sunday night when we get back as driving back with a friend and her friends). Dad and his partner are gonna watch kiddo for me.

Dads gf kinda gets where i am coming from. She doesnt quite understand why i am making them all wait to meet him but its just how i want to do things. I called her coz dad just stormed off in one of his 2yr old tantrum modes. Why would i want my bf to meet my dad if he acts like that?

I just want family and friends to be happy. Literally most of my friends just warn me about different things with my relationship, literally nobody is genuinely happy for me like i wish they would be. Listening to them and then listening to my dad, i am a lil over it and sometimes wish i could just pack up and move to be closer with my bf.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am happy for you

I think you are going about this all very wisely. Sure it would be nice if he flew up, but I can understand why it is easier to go down to Sydney. Plus Sydney is the best!

Take things at your pace, not other people's pace. Your Dad would have had an issue if he came and visited before now and had met kiddo earlier as well.

I am so glad you have met someone who you seem to have clicked with and you seem so happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I am happy for you

I think you are going about this all very wisely. Sure it would be nice if he flew up, but I can understand why it is easier to go down to Sydney. Plus Sydney is the best!

Take things at your pace, not other people's pace. Your Dad would have had an issue if he came and visited before now and had met kiddo earlier as well.

I am so glad you have met someone who you seem to have clicked with and you seem so happy
    It just hurts coz i am genuinely happy but feel like nothing i ever do is good enough to make dad or anyone happy. I just dont want to introduce kiddo too early esp as we are long distance. I call kiddo several times while i am away and he is always welcome to call me too apart from stupid oclock in the morning coz he knows i would be sleeping but i always call him back when i wake up.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know I'm happy for you Xox

Honestly hun you're dad seems like he believes the world revolves around him and the fact you are living your life the way you feel is best (and I think you are handling it all really well!) is probably ****ing him off. He's not in control.

I totally get that it's upsetting but you need to do what's right for you and let him deal with it.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been off baking a baby and raising it into a Terrible toddler.. but coming back and seeing this makes me feel all warm and Fuzzy for you.

As for your dad.. I've got nothing. Maybe tell him if he's so desperate to meet the fella he can go down there and meet him? If he's genuinley worried as to why then maybe a phone chat might be an idea so he can get to know him.

sounds like it would be easier for you to travel then him anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Myz and BFM. I am extremely happy and feel so blessed have met him. I just wish dad was more understanding of it all for me.

I am looking forward to going down on Friday and I will be able to take kiddo down sooner than expected which is fabulous. Just need BF to get a weekend off work so he can spend it with us. Shall be amazing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im happy for you 💗
    Everytime i see you are in syd or planning another trip i get warm & fuzzies for you cause its about time everything fell into place for you as you've worked your butt off the last few years to improve everything in your life.

Your dad is selfish i know im not telling you anything you dont know. He is gunna whinge and b@tch no matter how you do things so try your best to ignore him and keep on going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Im happy for you 💗
    Everytime i see you are in syd or planning another trip i get warm & fuzzies for you cause its about time everything fell into place for you as you've worked your butt off the last few years to improve everything in your life.

Your dad is selfish i know im not telling you anything you dont know. He is gunna whinge and b@tch no matter how you do things so try your best to ignore him and keep on going
    Thanks hun.

I asked dad if he could take me to the airport on friday arvo. He carried on like a 2yr old so gonna tell him to forget about it and i will work it out myself(prolly taxi coz going to be booking earliest flight i can get).

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest if he's minding your child all weekend frequently while you go visit your not friend he certainly doesn't sound "selfish" to me. He sounds like a good grandpa whose worried about his daughter.

I realise YOU know this guy is good. But he doesn't. You turn on the news and you have chicks being thrown off balconies by guys they are dating. He's just worried.

I'm happy you have met this great guy and I understand not wanting to rush things by introducing him to your child. But he could still come and visit you and not meet your child, like if you were dating someone who lived in your city. And I would introduce him to your dad so he can stop worrying.

Go give your dad a hug and say thanks for caring and allowing me to explore this relationship by looking after DS. Dad's aren't around forever you know.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-11-2014),MummaCat  (29-10-2014),TheGooch  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow wise enough. That's great advice. I agree with you. Dads love their little girls in a special way and yes sadly they are not around forever

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rpie For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (29-10-2014)