+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tummy Time almost 10 week old

My DD will be 10 weeks on wednesday.. How long does she need to be on her tummy? She isn't keen on it at all....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can do tummy time by having her lay on her front on your chest, it doesn't have to be on the floor. I generally go by little bits, as long as she's happy, all day long. There's no set time or rules.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD hated tummy time with a passion. I was told 20mins a day but that always ended with us both in tears. I just stopped doing it.
    It also counts as tummy time if they are on their tummy and on you - they don't have to be on the floor. My DD rolled and crawled just fine and her head control was always really good. She just didn't want to be on her tummy at all! Don't let it stress you cause I really let it get to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS hates tummy time until he was about 16 weeks old so for him it would only last a matter of a minute or two! As previous posters have said, tummy time can be them lying on your chest, being carried in an ergo etc. Don't stress too much about it as your DD will probably grow to enjoy it as she gets a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks so much..... it was starting to stress me out... she'll lay there for a minute or 2 if she can suck on her hands lol she does lay on me a fair bit so ill definitely count that! Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is like this, too. I think it's really common. Some strategies we used:
    - Carry baby laying facedown on my arm (aka Football Hold)
    - Using a tummy time pillow under the arms AND chest
    - Keep tummy time short, but frequent throughout the day
    - Using a sound and lights toy as incentive to remain on the tummy
    - Lying across my knees.

My son didn't really get a lot of tummy time compared to what I believe other babies might have, but he is still reaching all his developmental milestones. I still have nurses telling me to give him more tummy time, but there is give and take between his needs, what he can actually tolerate, and my schedule.

Here is a link to a page with ideas on how to do tummy time apart from laying on the floor: http://mamaot.com/2012/03/25/tips-fo...-um-miserable/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for that ill have a look at that link.. she has gotten a lot better now she can roll tummy to back

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    What an awesome link! Very helpful for babies that hate being on the floor.