+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. Unbelievable! Glad you showed restraint and sounds like you're being an awesome mummy to your girls by giving them time and space to talk it out. Wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Get CCTV footage from outside and report her to police. That is 100% assault.

Our Family is now complete.
    Welcome DS The 'Easy One' 28.09.2014.
    Feisty and Independent DD 02.03.2012
    DH 36
    L'il ol Me 31.
    That is exactly what I was thinking - how disgusting. Spotlight would have cc tv too.

ETA sorry just saw you reported her. I look forward to seeing her on crime stoppers soon!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by emski72; 27-10-2014 at 18:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Calm down. No one's said that.
    Hmm, yeah they have. "I just wouldn't be able to help myself" is a justification.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't understand how someone in their right mind justifies spitting on a child . I'm sorry this happened to you op

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad you followed up with the police and they've been so good about it

You're an amazing Mumma! You handled such a horrible situation so well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Hmm, yeah they have. "I just wouldn't be able to help myself" is a justification.
    I'll admit to that.

I'm not a violent person. I avoid conflict at all costs. I've never been in a physical fight before and I'm nearly 40. I don't even know how to throw a punch.

But if someone were to spit/hit my kid and my kid was at no fault, I'd consider hitting back.

I don't condone violence, but I would never allow an adult to spit on a child. For me, IF I had the guts (and that's a big if coz I've never been in a fight in my life), I would fight back.

I know you and others may disagree with me, but for me there are times in your life when you need to stick up for yourself. I don't want my kids to think that violence is the answer but I also do to want them to think that they can't defend themselves in *extreme* circumstances.

The only thing that would stop me in doing so would be the thought that they may have a gun or knife on them and use it on me/the kids if I were to do something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misho
    Thanks for responding to what I said without the eye-rolling :P

I agree that violence can be justified if it's in the pursuit of defence... actually preventing yourself or someone else from being attacked.

In any other circumstance, whilst I can see the temptation, I don't think that's any justification. Hitting someone after the fact isn't helping anyone. It isn't preventing any damage from being done, and it's violating someone else's bodily autonomy (which is not, in my view, void due to their actions).

Anyway, sorry for the brief de-railing OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! Only read OP but what a f'n biatcg!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mandlsmum View Post

Sorry for the essay. Had to get it out. Any advice? What would you have done?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm very mindful of being a physical barrier between any nutjob and persons (small or big!) in my company. Been in plenty of confrontations and situations to make me aware of a few things.... and comfortable in my assessment of the situations at the time. It can be a real gamble of what you are dealing with, could just be a loudmouth but could also be someone with a psych issue or substance abuse issue. You always have to immediatly weigh up 'is it worth it?'.

If it were just me in Spotlight with a couple of mates kids and my own little ones.... After hearing her initial squawks about the basket, I probably would have kept the kids behind me, slid the empty basket along the floor in the direction of loudmouth nutjob, and brisky ushered the kids as far away from her as I could. Think of it like throwing a shmackos to an angry terrier. If she kept coming.... Well, that would be her second mistake for the day.

If it were me shopping without little people of my own to protect and it was someone elses kid getting spat on, I would have grabbed the feral and held her until we established ID or the divvy van turned up... Whichever was sooner.

I hope they catch up with her and that she doesn't contest the matter or you will get dragged to court too. Spotlight and the entire complex can also ban her.

Good luck!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

mandlsmum  (28-10-2014),MsViking  (28-10-2014),poochella  (30-10-2014)