+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Never felt violent before today...

Today I took my 3 dd's to Spotlight for a few items to make invites for an upcoming event. dd3 who is 4 weeks was needing to be held as she's had a few crying days now.

Dd1 collected all the items for me, and then realised we had too much and needed a basket. There was an EMPTY basket sitting underneath one of those price checker thingys. No one else was around.

Dd put the items in the basket and was just scanning the price of some lace for me.
    A lady came around the corner, literally started screaming/screeching at dd1, at first I couldn't make sense of what she was saying but it then became clearer "you stole my basket" over and over.
    Dd1 stood like a stunned fish, while I stepped up and said "sorry, excuse me, back down from my child". Dd1 then said "I didn't think I did anything wrong, sorry, I wasn't stealing, I promise".
    Lady proceeded to scream at dd1 (10 years old), I have a bub in my arms, dd1 keeps saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't think I was stealing".

This 'woman' then spat on my daughter. Deliberately. Hocked it up, and spat on my daughter.

Immediately I asked dd2 (9 years) to hold dd3 for me. I don't know what I thought I'd do, but I was shaking. Absolutely livid. This woman stood there with her arms crossed looking smug. Other customers and a staff member stopped. A lovely lady gave dd1 a tissue and held her under her arm.

I felt like dropping this woman on her backside. I didn't. I did however get very close to her face and advise her to never ever spit on anyone, let alone a child again. She laughed in my face and turned to walk off. Store member then asked her to leave.

I'm sitting here still thinking about it, so freaking angry. Over a store basket. Grrrr.

Sorry for the essay. Had to get it out. Any advice? What would you have done?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Holy crap!!! What kind of scum do we have in society ? Makes me feel physically sick thinking about it. Is your child okay?? Poor thing would have been so shaken up!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (27-10-2014),mandlsmum  (27-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Im shaking in anger just reading that! I hope your dds are all OK.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

mandlsmum  (27-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What-the-actual-frock??!!! Who spits at a child????!!!! Over a shopping basket of all things?! (not that there's EVER a reason for an adult to spit on someone else's child!)

You have so much more restraint than I would have. I would have slapped that smug smile right off her face! Rest assured that karma keeps special things aside for despicable beings like that.

Hugs to you!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (27-10-2014),mandlsmum  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, that is just disgusting. Your poor dd. The shop should have called the police as I'm pretty sure spitting on someone is some kind of assault

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (27-10-2014),KitiK  (27-10-2014),mandlsmum  (27-10-2014),SuperGranny  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have hit her.

Congratulations for exercising such self control, you've done better than what I would have in that position.

Secondly, and I'll say that I've never ever done this before, I'd follow her to her car and follow her home. I'd then probably key her car. And again I've never done that, but if anyone laid a hand or spat at my kids I'd flip out.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (27-10-2014),mandlsmum  (27-10-2014),Phony  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps hope your dd is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 is ok, dd2 is more shook up really as she felt helpless for her sister.
    Dh spoke to dd1 about what had happened, and she started crying saying she didn't mean to etc. He was furious, we had cuddles, talked about what a yucky person that thing was and she went off to bed fine.

Dd2 keeps getting up and coming and asking questions and saying she's sorry for not helping sissy.

This person was a very well dressed, full face of nicely done makeup etc. I think that's what shocked me also. You expect feral looking people to behave like that.

Thanks for the kind words xo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mandlsmum For This Useful Post:

Frozenapples  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I think a punch in her face was MORE than called for! I'd forgive you if you did, in fact, I'd have joined in.

What a scumbag! That kind of thing makes me furious!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

mandlsmum  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be so angry, I don't even know what I would do in that situation :/ you did an amazing job for not flipping out on the woman! I'm so upset for you and your DD.

My only thoughts are, can you speak to the manager? Spotlight does a good job at making nearly everyone sign up for VIP... If they looked at the footage they might be able to figure out who she is based on purchase time/card number if she is VIP. Obviously the couldn't give you her info but I'd like to think they'd report her to the cops if they could identify her!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (27-10-2014),mandlsmum  (27-10-2014)