+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be wild. I had my ex's gf cut off my daughters hair so she too looked like a boy. She's not even a hairdresser. She also coloured it with a rinse (twice) and in the past she has tinted her own girls eye brows and lashes at the age of 6-7. Dyed their hair at 4 years old. My dd is 2.5. Not much I can do about it. Putting it in orders makes me look screwy but next year in court I will be able to bring it up and ask that no piercing or hair colouring happens. Hope you can sot this out with your ex. I didn't acknowledge the colouring but I did send a 'naive' text saying 'I'm happy to put some extra $'s in for a hairdresser rather than a barber for dd's next haircut. All of her curls are gone and she looks boyish'. They haven't touched her hair since
    Last edited by BbBbBh; 29-10-2014 at 10:20.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty easy going with my kids etc but that's crossing the line big time!!!! And the ear piercing too what????? She's not their mum she is aloud to do things for them but ONLY with both parents consent. How dare she! Even if your girls did like it it's not her place to do such drastic things to their hair etc, maybe have a sweet and gentle work to their dad about what you expect but keep it sweet and nice or he will think your jealous and it could blow up in your face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ear piercing would definitely **** me off big time, as that is something that could cause health risks and should definitely be a joint decision between both parents.

The hair though? I'm clearly the only one who thinks this but unless your daughter was upset about it I wouldn't care. It's just hair, it grows back and I personally would let my daughter cut her hair however she wants. I don't think it's fair to say that your ex doesn't have the right to give his permission for your daughter to cut her hair. She might live with you but he's her parent too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a really sh***y thing to do. Wrong wrong wrong. Completely over stepping the line big time. I would want to slap her one. Definately not overreacting. I feel sad for your daughter and angry for you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do I post photos on here so I can show you how bad it is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd never in a million years give my step daughter a haircut, dye job, pierce her ears etc without first consulting her mum, that is just beyond disrespectful. I've taken her to the hairdressers a few times for trims before she goes back home to save her mum doing it but nothing major and I'm positive her mum appreciates it when I do. She's been nagging me to get her ears pierced for a few years (she's 10yrs) but I won't take her unless her mum gives me the okay. I let her mum make all the decisions that I'd want to make with my own children and totally respect them. I'm in the minority and don't actually mind dh's ex and get along fine with her.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (31-10-2014)