+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds had eczema when he was a few months old. Doc told us ro use dermeze ointment and gave a mild steroid cream which helped. He ended up growing out of it after a year. . But mainly that dermeze is really good but oily oily stuff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cold/dry weather makes it worse. Try to bath only every other day if you can. A shower instead of a bath is better. We find that even just water dries DS's skin out so we try to not have him wet for too long. We moisturise with Gaia after every bath. We stopped QV cream as It seemed to fix the eczema but cause dermatitis on his face. Don't use regular baby shampoo, we use the Gaia shampoo but only once/twice a week. It's a bit trial an error unfortunately, to find what works, good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh a question I just thought of!

When starting solids, how long should I wait to see if there is a reaction? I dont think I ever did with my other kids.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Three days generally

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I haven't read the other posts yet OP but my DS has eczema and I have gone through why feels like 1000 different products looking for answers. I was having to use the steroid cream for a while but now I hardly touch it and here is what I do.

- no soaps or similar in the bath. I only use rolled oats in a tied off sock in water. I wash him with that for his body and hair.

- I was his clothes with earth choice or planet ark sensitive washing powder. I use earth choice fabric softener if I must use it (the tall clear bottle with a bluish liquid in it - not their other perfumed one)

- this is the wonder product and I can't recommend it enough. Caroline's Cream. It's done wonders for him. Since using this I've basically stopped with the steroid cream. He scratches only a fraction of what he used to. His skin looks 100% better - no more visible signs if eczema. I put this on him 4-5 times a day and his skin is back to feeling smooth and soft. It is a natural product and trumps the rest that I wasted my money on. I found it in a chemist but know that most health food shops stock it. It's amazing.

Good luck. Mostly it's trial and error with what works you for and comes down to what's causing it for your DD. If you are bf you may want to try an elimination diet to try to identify any causes coming from your diet.

Feel free to pm me. Eczema is a tough time and I feel for these poor bubs

Eta - I only bath DS every other day. It's too drying for him otherwise.
    Last edited by HeavenBlue; 28-10-2014 at 15:26.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

debsch  (28-10-2014),SheWarrior  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely try and work out the triggers. If nothing topical seems to help it could be food allergy related. I spent 6 months trying to clear a small patch of eczema on my baby's face ...then her first dairy solid she blew up like a balloon due to anaphylaxis. It was pretty scary. I cut dairy out of my diet as she was breastfeed and the eczema disappeared.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Definitely try and work out the triggers. If nothing topical seems to help it could be food allergy related. I spent 6 months trying to clear a small patch of eczema on my baby's face ...then her first dairy solid she blew up like a balloon due to anaphylaxis. It was pretty scary. I cut dairy out of my diet as she was breastfeed and the eczema disappeared.
    She is formula fed, has been since 3 dayd old. She hasnt started any solids yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep my child was breastfed and exposed to dairy through breast milk from birth but her eczema didn't appear until 4 months old. The only solids she had eaten before she blew up was rice cereal mixed with boiled water and pureed apple. The fact she's been FF since three days old doesn't rule out a food allergen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried a cream called "Hope's Relief"? We're giving that a go on a patch on our boy's skin that was diagnosed two months ago as ringworm, then later insect bite, then tinea... I think it's a form of eczema and the Hope's Relief cream seems to be *slowly* working its magic.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD gets eczema too. I FINALLY found something that worked on her and that was QV Bath Oil for bath time and then QV Intensive Body Moisturiser. I had tried so many different moisturisers, lotions, potions etc lol and nothing was clearing it up so I was so happy when the QV worked.

I too didn't want to have to use a steroid cream and the eczema wasn't bothering DD at all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (29-10-2014)