+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Work Test - PPL Government

Hi ladies,

I am most definitely awhile off needing this information, just it is something I have started to research.

I understand from stuff I have read that a permissible break between 2 consecutive work days is 56 days which for example I'm on contract and my contract will end towards the end of the year with unpaid leave over xmas between the end of my contract and beginning of my new one… which will equate to 54 days… so from what I can tell this is a permissible break so would therefore be included in my 10 months of work?? eg/ working july - june (including this 54 day permissible leave)

has anyone else had a similar situation? I do have a prior 62 day off period between finishing a job, and taking a new job as well (with a period in here of practical experience for my new job (as part of my degree) so not fair this does not count)….. which means I need the 54 days off to count as part of my 10 months work… Just hoping someone might understand my ramblings and be able to help me out as to whether I might be eligible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it turns out that someone doesn't comply for the 330 hours rule or has had more than 8 weeks off then the next question to also qualify is
    Have you done 500 hours in any time frame in 13 prior to due date
    I ticked that one because I'm casual and I wasn't sure if I could make it to 32w at work so I qualifyed with the 500 hours rule instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    If it turns out that someone doesn't comply for the 330 hours rule or has had more than 8 weeks off then the next question to also qualify is
    Have you done 500 hours in any time frame in 13 prior to due date
    I ticked that one because I'm casual and I wasn't sure if I could make it to 32w at work so I qualifyed with the 500 hours rule instead
    Oh ok.. I thought you just had to comply with both the 10 months and the 330 hours. Thanks for your answer. I guess down the track I will talk to someone from centrelink just happened to be thinking about it all.

I think I might be right even with the 54 day leave over Christmas... I still worked full time which even for the the past 20 weeks equals 500 hours.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    If you have ha more then 8 weeks leave between paid employment you will not qualify. I missout and I was on field prac for the whole time fulltime at university.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Oh ok.. I thought you just had to comply with both the 10 months and the 330 hours. Thanks for your answer. I guess down the track I will talk to someone from centrelink just happened to be thinking about it all.

I think I might be right even with the 54 day leave over Christmas... I still worked full time which even for the the past 20 weeks equals 500 hours.
    Annual leave is included in hours too
    So yes you should qualify at least for the 500 hour rule even if you have had more than 8 weeks in a row of unpaid leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can go on the cl website are have a look at the form to see the 500hour question im talking about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    If you have ha more then 8 weeks leave between paid employment you will not qualify. I missout and I was on field prac for the whole time fulltime at university.
    May June was my more than 8 week breAk (by 6 days...) I then though will have worked July through June (with the unpaid leave in there which is 54 days - though my contract may get extended for two weeks in there) ... So think it may still count towards the 10 month requirement... I really don't know... It is so complicated and I'm a bit annoyed with my workplaces... First one for stopping my work earlier than my practical placement... And then my new one for only putting me on a contract which means I have to take forced unpaid leave.

I honestly don't know why I'm worrying... Think it will just be annoying if I don't qualify for anything.
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 26-10-2014 at 10:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Annual leave is included in hours too
    So yes you should qualify at least for the 500 hour rule even if you have had more than 8 weeks in a row of unpaid leave
    The annual leave will be unpaid though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    Did you work 10 full months though around this more than 8 week break?

I think that is where the technicality is...it's in the 13 months prior... U have too have worked 10 months of it with no more than an 8 week break between two work days.... So my over 8 week break is just in the first 2-3 months.... So I can still claim 10 months I think even with my unpaid leave which us in their permissible leave guidelines....food for thought
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 26-10-2014 at 11:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it doesn't work out the way you just described above then just tick the 500 hours one and you will be right
    Just as long as you have worked 500 hours over that 13 month period there are no other rules