+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Call him on it without expecting him to change his mind. That way, you say your piece without further hurt. Whereas if you say something hoping he'll change plans back to a family day you risk being hurt again when he doesn't.
    Plan a great day with your kids.
    I wouldn't invite your mum if you know she'll stay with your dad - again you risk more hurt hearing another rejection.
    Don't say - the kids will be hurt. Tell him YOU are hurt or disappointed or whatever word you want to use.
    It's sad but i would perhaps think twice before prioritising your dad in future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be hurt. Having said that, my oldies are going on a cruise leaving December 19 for 11 days. They did ask if we minded before they booked. Do I? Hell no! I don't have to drag 3 kids out all day. I'm staying home. If someone wants me come visit me.

Tell him straight. He's an adult and he made this decision. Hope he enjoys next Christmas on his own

xxxxx

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would be devastated.

I would absolutely tell him how you feel (and probably none too politely at that)

I would then plan a family day at my house. Invite him, invite your Mum and your brother ... and then let them explain to him why they feel that HE (not you, he) has put them in the position of having to choose between you and him because he is pathetic enough to choose someone else over his own child and grandchildren.

If he invited this friend as well - that is one thing. To say you are not invited because his friend doesnt like you? Honestly? that is nothing short of pathetic.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (26-10-2014),Smyles  (25-10-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty ****ed off and would be letting my dad know !!! Most likely wouldn't be putting in any effort in the future with Someone who chooses friends over family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Assuming your dad confirmed your mums story I would:
    1) tell your dad to f@rk off
    2) ask your mum to come to brekky or lunch with you anyway and if she says no tell her to f@rk off and grow some pineapples for not standing up to her husband.
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-10-2014 at 07:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What everyone else has said!

But I'll add... the 'uncle' doesn't like you? WTF? What sort of guy (your dad) would put up with a friend that clearly bad mouths one of his children, not just on Xmas, but in general? And what sort of friend actually tells someone 'hey I don't like one of your kids'. THAT seems messed up to me, aside from the whole Xmas situation!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (26-10-2014),BettyW  (26-10-2014),Chillies  (26-10-2014),Lincolns mummy  (26-10-2014),smallpotatoes  (26-10-2014),Smyles  (26-10-2014),TheGooch  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be hurt.
    I would still ask mum to come and celebrate with you and let dad do as he pleases.
    Hopefully he will realise what he missed at some point

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why didn't your Mum put her foot down and say no?!

I'd make other plans. Either go to your ILs or invite your brother around. Just because your parents have decided to be a$shats, you don't have to spend Christmas alone (unless you want to).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I would be extremely hurt and upset if this happened to me. Having my dad uninvite me and choose a friend over seeing his daughter and grandkids is terrible...and having mum not stand up to him and put her foot down would hurt just as much.

I would definitely speak up about it, and even if he doesn't change his plans, at least you have made him aware of how hurt you are.

Breakfast might be an option so you can still see them. We are doing breakfast with mil then dinner with my family this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    TBH I would be annoyed at both parents. I would expect my mum to tell my dad how important it is to spend Christmas with the family and tell him to pull his head in. If this 'uncle' is all alone then of course he could be invited to join ALL of you, with a clear understanding that he is expected to be polite.

Failing that, I would point out to my dad that he needn't think he'll be invited to Christmas with me again, when dear old uncle passes away he will find himself alone.

Not mature I know, but I would be having a tanty!
    100% this ^^